The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
Princess Heights Hotel(Oyster Pond)(Great Value!)
US$156
Hotel La Plantation(Orient Bay)(Great Value!)
US$167
Colombus Hotel(Oyster Pond)
Esmeralda Resort(Orient Bay)
  • Breakfast included
2,412 results
All reviewsdawn beachgrand caseocean frontheavenly bedbig fishtime shareatlantic sideorient beachoceanfront roomrental carswim up barst maartenbeautiful propertyfrench borderpool beachtimeshare salesminute drive
Reviewed 13 November 2013

great hospitality, wonderful smiles, great personalities, wonderful customer service, great location.
every one in the hotel from the doorman, which was outstanding, to the director of rooms, CSM and housekeeping what a awesome team.
i was here with a group for work and we received the best service ever. the food was excellent

Room Tip: ocean front or pool side are gorgeous and quite
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DMERoberto
MODSXM, General Manager at The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear DMERoberto,

Thank you for visiting us at the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa in St. Maarten. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our associates helped to make your visit more memorable. Please be assured that we will share your kind feedback with our team.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Westin and St. Maarten in the near future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Hotel was wonderful , was upgraded to Ocean view. Large rooms, clean, very comfy beds. Then moved to the timeshare, don't know if this is normal but elevator was broken everyday and key had to be replaced everyday because it would stop working. Seems like the hotel and area shut down around 7pm. Had to travel to Simpson Bay for night life. You may want to think about a hotel closer to the night life if this is what you are looking for. I would think twice about the timeshare but the Westin Dawn beach club was wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
MODSXM, General Manager at The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear jansal313,

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin and Dawn Beach Club. I am glad that you enjoyed the resort and the Heavenly Beds. I apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced because of the elevator and room key not working. We did experience an outage with an elevator and had to bring technicians in to have the elevator repaired.

Thank you for feedback and review. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to St. Maarten and the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights prior to moving into my timeshare resort next door, the Dawn Beach Club. Hotel rooms are very generous in size as well as the bathroom that had a free standing shower and separate tub. Mini bar came stocked but we emptied most of the sodas to fit our own food/beer purchases. Beds are very comfortable and overall the room was very comfortable. The amenities at the Westin are wonderful with a gym, day spa, swim up bar, cabanas to rent by the pool or beach just to name a few. The casino is now non-smoking which made me very happy! The beach is vast and beautiful. Room to spread out on the sand or by the pool. I found the people here extremely helpful, nice and accommodating. Absolutely love the staff here! I definitely would come here again to stay even though there's no kitchen facilities, but why eat in when there's so many wonderful places to eat on St. Maarten!

Room Tip: You get the view you pay for, but we never stay in the room long enough to worry about the view. We'd rather be on the beach than in our room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Janie4359

Dear Janie4359,

Thank you for providing your review of the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed the guestrooms, pool, beach, non-smoking casino and most importantly our team members.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of paradise in the Caribbean.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My first feeling when arriving in the Westin and Dawn Beach Club (timeshare portion) was that if felt a bit "old". The brown wood and the materials used in the construction of the apartments were substandard for what I have come to expect from a Westin. Getting past that feeling the hotel grounds were beautiful - nice pool, bar, beach. Lunch snacks were ok. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Service at Ocean - the breakfast buffet (Altido deserves a special recommendation) and during lunch and dinner was good. Good manager at Ocean. Of course everything was pricy - food, drinks, internet, taxis. Therefor it is better to eat elsewhere - there are many awesome restaurants close by in Oyster Pond. Buy a few bottles in the super market before arriving. There is a good liquor store right next to superb restaurant l'Oasis in Oyster Pond. Instead of taking the super expensive taxis - rent a car. Make arrangements and rent a car for the week when you arrive in the airport. It will save you money. You are going to want to do a few day trips anyway. Dining out pays for the rental car for the day. Driving from and to the airport pays for the rental car for the day.
The location is pretty good. For a comparison - we did visit the Radisson Blu at Anse Marcel. It is a bit of a drive to get out of Anse Marcel but I would definitely recommend staying there if you have the choice. Awesome location and hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank FrankTibackx

Dear FrankTibackx,

Thank you for taking the time to provide other travelers with your experience at the Westin and Dawn Beach Club. I am glad that you enjoyed the resort and St. Maarten as a whole. We will be sure to thank Altildo and the manager in Ocean for making your visit a memorable one.

It sounds like you were able to explore a lot of what St. Maarten has to offer and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Was here for a meeting and really liked the hotel. Didn't care for the fortress-like architecture but the grounds were nice. Loved the pool and hot tub and the fact you can just walk out to the beach. Definitely a plus! However I had to wait a long time for my room while other guests were checking in left and right. Couldn't understand why. Was very tired and wanted to relax after getting up super early and having such a long flight.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
MODSXM, General Manager at The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Sambarella,

Thank you for visiting us at the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa in St. Maarten. I am glad that you enjoyed the grounds, pool and beach. I apologize for any delay with checking you into your room. I will review our check-in procedures with our team. If, for any reason, there is a wait time they should have explained delay to you.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to St. Maarten and the Westin in the near future.