The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
Princess Heights Hotel(Oyster Pond)(Great Value!)
US$156
Hotel La Plantation(Orient Bay)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$161
  • Breakfast included
Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$120
Travelocity
Holland House Beach Hotel(Philipsburg)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$167
Colombus Hotel(Oyster Pond)
TripAdvisor
2,412 results
All reviewsdawn beachgrand caseocean frontheavenly bedbig fishtime shareatlantic sideorient beachoceanfront roomrental carswim up barst maartenbeautiful propertyfrench borderpool beachtimeshare salesminute drive
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Westin was absolutely fantastic! The service was exceptional. We felt like we were leaving family behind when we left. Everyone at the hotel treated us like royalty (and we're common folk). The location of the hotel is perfect for St. Maarten, as you want to get around to both the French and Dutch spots, just a short drive to either Phillipsburg or Orient Beach and Pinel Island (a must!) and Grand Case. It is right next to the marina with nice restaurants, a deli shop and charters for excertions. The Wednesday night dinner event was great fun for our family, but the highlight was the beautiful meal we had at Aura in the Westin, surrounded by beautiful landscape, ocean views and a wonderful meal. David the manager was superior, truly genuine in his desire to make our stay a pleasure - and with great success! The staff and resort made our trip first class!!!

Room Tip: We loved the first floor vista views of the ocean! The each is accessible anywhere with nice shade palm tress and wait staff service n any location of the beach and pool!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cwoodham
Daniel B, General Manager at The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear cwoodham,

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa in St. Maarten. It was a pleasure being able to meet you during your vacation. Thank you for the very kind words about the property and our team. I will be sure to thank them for making your visit memorable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Westin and St. Maarten in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I am very glad I chose this hotel. We stayed for one week and I can not wait to return. There are many things that make this Westin a good deal. First I think the location is an actual asset. It is off the main tourist path so you can enjoy the beach and the surroundings. The view is great and the building is very nice. what makes this place even batter is the people. The staff are all very friendly and take the time to remember your name. The front desk staff made sure that all was well with us and were always ready to help. I look forward to a return to the Westin Dawn Beach.

Room Tip: all are good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam A

Dear Adam A,

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa in St. Maarten. I am happy that you enjoyed our location, the resort and that our team was able to help make your visit a memorable one.

I hope that you will plan on visiting us again at the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have been to this hotel before for business and it was great then but I finally went for a personal vacation and I can't say enough about it. The staff is incredible. One of the bellmen remembered me because of my luggage! The St. Maarten/St. Martin is a very friendly island but the staff at the Westin was above and beyond friendly. From the manager to the housekeeping staff everyone made you feel at home.
The only negative thing I can say is that the time share people are persistent....it's not just at this resort though, it is all over the island. People would pull over on the side of the road if you were walking to ask you to attend a presentation...very annoying, but that has nothing to do with the resort itself.
Rooms are very comfortable....highly recommend booking at least a partial ocean view room.
Sit out on your balcony at night and listen to the sound of the ocean. Aura restaurant is excellent, the spa is great. There is always a nice breeze at the resort so it never felt hot and uncomfortable. Nice surprise for the middle of July.
There is a casino there which was never busy but a nice amenity to keep you occupied at night.
I spent one night in a hotel on the French side of the island and hated it....moved to the Westin and we were treated like family

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear gizmo1,

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa. It was a pleasure to be able to welcome you back to our little piece of paradise. I am glad that you had another wonderful St. Maarten experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming back in the very near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Pluses... the hotel service was great. Nice clean rooms. Modern room and amenities. Nice pool, and beach area. Negatives. The exterior of the hotel had very poor curb appeal. The food was not what I expected for a westin, and it was a little far from town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank natalie h
Daniel B, General Manager at The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear natalie h,

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa. We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback and your experiences. I am glad that you enjoyed the resort and the service that our team provided. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet and exceed your expectations in all areas.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Westin and St. Maarten for your next Caribbean vacation.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Let me start by saying I have no complaints regarding this resort other than the location. If you like to walk in your resort area this is not the place for you. It is one of the furthest resorts on the island and there is not much to see near the resort nor can you walk or bike on the road as it is very narrow, dark and dangerous. With that being said that would be my only complaint. The resort was beautiful. The was courteous and very helpful. We booked a resort view room and upon check in without asking we were upgraded to an ocean view. We were greeted with rum punch and smiles as we checked in. They also took note of our return travel time and dates and ordered cab for us in advance.

We traveled with another couple and the airline misplaced their luggage. The staff took the information and while we lounged by the beach kept constant contact with the airport and made sure the luggage was delivered that evening.

The beach and pool areas are beautiful with ample seating. Lively pool area with swim up bar. Food is also available poolside. Prices are very reasonable for food at this resort.

I highly recommend the breakfast buffet. 21.00 pp and you have plenty to choose from. There is also seating outside.

Room Tip: For something to eat close I highly recommend Beu Beu's beach bar in the resort next door. You can see it from the beach but rocks divide the beach so you have to cab it up the road. Great dive bar. Great food and karaoke. Nice open air atmosphere.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RitaRoams,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa in St. Maarten. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and that our team was able to assist with ensure you had a wonderful visit.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the "Friendly Island" of St. Maarten and Westin Dawn Beach Resort in the near future.