I would like to state straight out if you are looking for a 5 star resort with all the trimming this is not the place for you. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and the kitchen is well stocked with cooking utilities but nothing over the top by any means. The dive locker room is very functional. It had lots of space for our gear to be rinsed and dried. At the beginning our our stay we were supplied with a key to access the tank/locker room at all hours. The extra security (keeping the tank room locked at all times and there being cameras) is a nice bonus, it supplied a little piece of mind that no one would be wandering into the locker and walking away with all your gear. All West is also blessed with one of the best views of the sunset on the island and every room faces the ocean. My boyfriend and I spent many hours on the balcony enjoying the view.
The only complaints that I have is that All West is very much on island time and slightly disorganized. Island time in some aspects is good, it creates a relaxing atmosphere, but in others it's frustrating. You should never have to track someone down to pay for your stay. There is no front desk so we kind of just had to hope we ran into someone to ask who and where to pay. We finally just asked the dive shop. Word to the wise, if you are having a problem at the apartments just tell someone at Go West, they will get it taken care of for you. When we asked about who was taking us to the airport, they were too laid back about it. We were told someone would take us but gave no other details. We had to find them at the dive shop to confirm that we were taken care of for our airport transfer. They did eventually get everything arranged but it was a little slower than an average American establishment.
All and all, we deeply enjoyed our stay here and the diving was marvelous. The staff is very friendly and will assist you in whatever way they can once you get hold of them. =) If your focus is on diving and you want a quite beautiful location, I would highly recommended All West.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Curaçao & All West Apartments & Diving. Since 1996, All West Apartments & Diving has been located in the small fishing village of "Westpunt". We are known for a relaxed atmosphere and individual care of our guests.All West Apartments is located at the far west end of the island. Picture yourself in the most wonderful part of our island. You can dream your time away along the sea shore and share fun time in the sun with friends and loved ones. Surrounded by the tropical hills, you can watch spectacular sunsets and gaze at the fantastic star filled skies. Here nature lovers can indulge in the Christoffel National Park and Shete Boka National Park. In these parks you will find plenty to see and do during your stay.The beach below the apartments is perfect for swimming, snorkeling and of course diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your All West Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- All West Apartments Hotel
- All West Apartments Curacao/Sabana Westpunt