“Kura hulanda villa”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Yevgeniy...
“Bed bugs and Termite Infestation”
Reviewed 28 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

The paradise vacation promised by Key Caribe could not have gone more wrong.

I had to move out of the Villa due to unsanitary conditions.

The unscrupulous owner refused any refunds.

Allow me to start from the beginning.

Upon arriving to the villa, we were greeted by owner/manager of the villa, Ashanti. That very first evening we found out:
As travelers arriving via airplane to the Island, we were expected to bring everything *including* TOILET paper to the villa (didn't expect that, did you?)

The AC in one of the rooms was not working, making for a balmy 80+F (25C) temperature in the room.
TVs were not hang up on the wall -- not that it matters cause reception there is worse than on the moon.

This was not a nice beginning. Having paid for villa, and arriving at night, kinda limit your options -- it will make it hard for you to leave right then and there.
Of course, the above was NOTHING to the fact that the bathroom next to the room with the broken AC had toxic, tear inducing SEWAGE smell due, clearly, to the broken sewage system. Ashanti, "helpfully" suggested to block the smell using wet towels.
By the way, you DID NOT think you would be provided with the clean towels, did you? Please tell me that you are NOT that naive, my dear traveler. Let me assure you: the towels you will use in that villa were previously used, DAILY, to block SEWAGE smells in the bathroom.
Still with me? Wow! You must have strong nerves! Good for you; read on.
It took 2 days for Ashanti to get people to fix in AC as well as WiFi (yes, forgot to mention; wifi wasn't working upon arrival either). The smell of course, stayed -- making it impossible to sleep in the adjacent room with or without AC.
During this time, some minor inconveniences such as bee nests (I was stung 3 times) under palapa outside are hardly worth mentioning.
I wish I'd just left the second day -- but, given that we had large-ish group (6) it was a bit too tough.
Our opinion changed when we discovered termite infestation and our guests were bitten by bed bugs.

I'm attaching some photos of inside the Villa Infestation as well as bed bugs bite.
Stay away.

Management Response
30 Nov 2017
Dear Mr. Miretskiy,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review and recommendation.

We are deeply sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience on your stay with us; and appreciate your valuable feedback on our services.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the villa.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. The safety and security of our guests is always our top priority. As discussed in our previous conversations, our team has done everything possible and went beyond expectation to accommodate your every requests.

In cooperation with Pest control Department, they run a test to investigate your claim. Treatments, carpeting, in-room accessories have tested negative on bed bugs.

In taking great care of all the villas we manage and rent out in the Caribbean, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to one of our properties. Please reach out to us directly at our email if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around.

It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our Island again!

With much appreciation,

Key Caribe Management
Reviewed 25 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;