“Perfect place, perfect hosts!”
Review of Hotel Soraya

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siolim
Hotel Soraya
Ranked #5 of 10 Siolim B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is the second time I've visited Goa and both times stayed at Hotel Soraya, I would not stay anywhere else. The hosts are very friendly and accommodating and have a heart warming passion for the care of animals. The setting is magical, it's a tropical paradise where you can really relax, eat great organic food and feel great. You really are made to feel very welcomed here in the stunning settings of Hotel Soraya, I couldn't recommend this place enough!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephanie P

Reviewed 25 June 2013

My partner and I decided to visit Goa during the monsoon last year. We were looking for a quiet, secluded get-away where we could spend some much needed down-time together. Hotel Soraya was it.
Tucked away in Siolim, it does help to rent a car to get around but Soraya is paradise. A beautiful mix of wonderful old-world architecture and the impeccable and sometimes quirky taste of our hosts Atul and Pierre.
Atul makes the best fruit preserves and we had a sumptuous breakfast laid out in our little cottage every morning. I believe one has the option of living in the main house or in the cottage out back. We picked the latter and enjoyed every moment of our time there. Hotel Soraya also has a great / private pool to cool off in.
Atul runs an NGO for feeding and providing medical care to stray animals and it is very easy to get involved if one is in Soraya. I remember us taking some of the doggie grub he had prepared to a beach and passing it on to a lifeguard associated with the NGO. Incidentally we continue serving the same recipe to our dog to this day. In fact, if you're comfortable with dogs you could let Atul and Pierre know and then enjoy daily visits by the wonderful dogs on the property who we fell in love with.
Soraya felt both like home and being away from home in the best way possible.
I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We loved the cottage at the back of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mayank M
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We have recently returned from a fortnight stay at Hotel Soraya in Siolim, Goa.
We originally only intended to stay a week here and find somewhere else for our second week, however after only a few days there was no question I didnt want to go anywhere else. This place is pure paradise!
My husband and myself along with our 7yr old stayed in the bungalow in the garden, it was not only huge, but really hidden away and we had total privacy. The 4 poster beds are amazing and the walk in shower room really cool.
We loved waking up to the sounds of the jungle and if your lucky you get to see the monkeys coming into the grounds to take the fruit off the trees.
I spent hours lazing in the pool surrounded by beautiful mango and jackfruit trees and coconut palms, taking in all of the wonderful wild life.
Atol and Pierre have created a beautiful place and their team could not be more helpful.
This was the first holiday that my husband and I did NOT have an argument, which speaks volumes for this place and the calming and relaxing effect it has on you.
We had a wonderful time here.
Our 7yr old loved playing with Atols animals, 4 wonderful dogs, 3 cats and several cows in the front garden.

Room Tip: There is a really big swimming pool that our 7yr old could not stay out of, she even learnt to swim...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed 2 February 2013

There is not much to add to the excellent reviews. Our stay couldn't have been any better or more pleasing and relaxing. The hosts are wonderful and helpful people, the staff is great and the guesthouse is amazing. We stayed a full 2 weeks and enjoyed it very much. Not knowing the area the hosts gave us a lot of very useful recommendations to spend time around the area. I let my photos speak for themselves.

Room Tip: Both the main house and the bungalow are great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 23 August 2012

About a month ago, my partner and I decided to head to Goa for a quick getaway. It was monsoon season and we weren't really sure what to expect. What we did know was that we didn't want to be staying at party central (not that there was much of that anyway as it was monsoon season) but still wanted to be close enough to good restaurants and beaches.

We couldn't have been happier at Hotel Soraya.

Forget the other more renown boutique/heritage hotels in Siolim, Panaji or Goa's beach shacks. If it's a romantic, secluded getaway in a tropical paradise that's close to fun fun fun that you want to be at, then Hotel Siolim is it!

We stayed at a little cottage on the property equipped with two four-post beds, a fully functional kitchen and a private garden. And because it was off season, we had a good sized-swimming pool surrounded by lush foliage and little stone elephants all to ourselves. It couldn't have been more lovely. (For some reason, the property, especially the garden area reminds me of Satis House in Charles Dickens' Great Expectations, only difference is that this one is well kept and loved.)

To top it off, the hosts of the property Atul and Pierre were extremely accommodating, thoughtful, funny, friendly and fun! As cliche as it may sound, they made Hotel Siolim feel like home -- a private, secluded home that a lot of thought and care was put into.

TIP: Rent a car for about Rs 850 a day and drive to all the way to Paradise Beach and Fort Terakol, or head down south to Panaji and the Old City. Atul will help arrange for one.

PS. If you do stay there, ask Pierre or Atul to tell you the story behind the white elephants on the property.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pohsi
Reviewed 30 March 2012

What I really want to do is give this place a 1 star review and hope that no-one else discovers the place. Unfortunately this would be very unfair to Atul and Pierre who have bought this mid 20th century Goan country house and turned it into a beautiful place to spend your time in Goa.

Spent 5 nights in their annexe in March 2012 and cannot recommend highly enough. The acommodation (big bedroom, bathroom, sitting room, kitchen and private garden/terrrace area) are simple but stylish, with a huge swimming pool that we had to ourselves for the duration of our stay and a great breakfast delivered to our terrace by their really friendly staff each morning.

You are not in the centre of things at this place (those of you who have exerience in Goa will see this as a good thing) and you will need to make extensive use of either your own transport or the taxi drivers that the hotel can recommend to you. Price wise the taxi's are good for Goa (although expensive when compared to other parts of India).

Within walking distance they have a couple of local style cafe/bars/restaruants which have good simple Indian food although in an 'Indian' atmosphere. Possibly a little intimidating for newbies to India.

All in all this is good value and great place to stay and I am looking forward to returning next year.

Can't finish this review without mentioning that the owners run a little charity for abandoned pets, when we stayed they had 4 or 5 dogs and a couple of cats - all really friendly. My wife wanted to take 'Raj' (a Dalmation type dog) home with her.

Room Tip: This is a very small place - one big house that would be suitable for a family or group of friends a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve8877
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This is the first review i have ever written, and this place deserves to be my first!!
A guesthouse full of personality, character and managed by a couple of amazing hosts, Atul & Pierre thanks for making me feel at home,
I stayed in the guesthouse just a few meters from the main house and it was perfect, amenities are fantastic, and the A/c came in handy as it was hot out, bed was very comfortable,
Breakfast by the pool, served by the lovely staff, and the best omelet i've ever tasted....now Atul claims its nothing different but i have a feeling its some special Goan spice or something hah! I will make more investigations on my next visit which will definitely be soon and at Hotel Soraya for sure

As you can feel from my review I had a great time, thanks again guys for the hospitality and conversations!

Room Tip: I stayed in the small guesthouse just meters away from the main house, ideal for couples or small fa...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends