“Warning: Don't fall for low pricing hotels”

La Casa Siolim Resort
Ranked #7 of 7 Siolim B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Warning: Don't fall for low pricing hotels”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed here with a friend for 3 nights. At first the stay was comfortable as we didn't spend much time at the hotel, travelled during the day and came back only to sleep. For those looking for a comfortable stay, this should not be your pick. No hot water, too many ants, no one cleans the rooms unless told again and again. Its a small family managed type of hotel where we paid only Rs.2000 a night.
The reason I don't recommend this hotel is that at first I was missing some money in my wallet which i had left it hidden inside one of my bags, close to 3 or 4 thousand. After I asked the reception they told me no one enters any room unless asked to clean the room so my friend told me that I must have spent it and in Goa you really don't keep track of every expense. After I asked for the code for the security lock which they provide they made all sort of excuses that the guy who is in charge is out and he will come back tomorrow. After arguing a little some guy( who cleans the room) came to with some sort of a master key for the security lock and I was shocked that the guy who cleaned had access to it. After having a word with my friend we decided its not safe to keep it in the locker.
Let me tell you it was the most foolish thing to have done.
Before our check out which is too early(10 am) we went to the beach and came back at 12 and checked out in a hurry. Only to realize my friend had Rs.8000 missing from his bag.
We called up the owner of the hotel and told him about it which he seemed to not care and said it was our mistake which it clearly was to stay in this hotel. The owner said that never before has this happened and let me tell you it has NOW and we feel like the biggest fools as we could have spend that money at some lavish resort and not this filthy place.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank musafir25
lacasasiolim, Manager at La Casa Siolim Resort, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your time in updating comments regarding our little family run resort.

What we find strange that we have safety deposit boxes in all the rooms and are available free of cost to the room occupants and still you decide on not using the box but leaving your money behind in the room.

According to the recorded information you asked our staff not to service the room and had the room key on your person all throughout.

We have strict instruction for the staff not to service the room unless the guest so desires. On all counts you refused service and apparently for the crumbs from the food brought from outside was the reason for attracting ants.

One side you refused service on the other you claim room being dirty.

If you recollect you had spoken with me regarding your claimed loss and you were still in Goa for the next 3 days. You neither bothered to visit us in person or even call for the follow up.

You are well within your rights to criticize us but you yourself are not aware of how much money you had or even spent.

We have time and again displayed in appropriate places asking guests to be careful about their belongings and use of safety boxes.

Even the registration card signed by you also states the same thing.

Since you claim you had hidden the money I request you to please check all places and also verify with your lady friend who was accompanying you.

Thanking you for your patron.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Had a vey bad experience with the hotel staff. Does not care about the visitors, I paid through hotel.com, What I saw was different from I was told by hotel.com people. They advertise different and try to rip money from people. I will never ever think about going back to this place again. Very very disappointed. People please don't waste your money.

Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Sharuljonu
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your response.

Since you had booked through hotels .com we fail to understand how you claim that the accommodation displayed and offered were any different. Wonder what could be the cause of attracting your ire. We are a budget value for money hotel and our pricing is far below the prevalent trends. It's regretful you feel the way you do.

I wish if any of your inconveniences were brought to our attention for the remedial proposition.

We appreciate you time and concern

Travellers are raving about these Siolim hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed there over a weekend. The staff is super friendly. The Hotel itself is a nice quaint beautiful place! the Rooms are nice. and clean enough. The pool was ok.
Positives: Decent price. Decent Rooms. Toilets were ok. Best part - "Pet Friendly Hotel" so you can take your dog along! :) VERY close to Morjim and they arrange taxis for you. Have free Wifi that reach some rooms only.
Negatives: Room service only for breakfast. Restricted Menu also. Restaurant is outsourced so restricted on the food front through the day (but you should be out of your hotel during the day anyway) and morjim is close enough for food/drink.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank rohank420
lacasasiolim, Manager at La Casa Siolim Resort, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your time and review of La Casa Siolim.

Regards
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through Expedia on 7th nov at 6 pm. while I was travelling to Manglore to Mumbai. The hotel tele no. given in Expedia mail was not picked up by anyone. I reached at hotel at 10 pm. I was shocked when hotel receptionist said " We don't have any confirmation from Expedia and we don't have any room available right now." I saw the mail which I got from Expedia. Somehow managed to get room with condition that they don't provide extra bed though you have paid for that. They bluntly told me that I could make a complaint to anyone & anywhere. I didn't have option at 10.30 pm. As I was tired & I already pre paid to Expedia. Terrible !!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Chirag2112
lacasasiolim, Manager at La Casa Siolim Resort, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the mail and the feedback.

While regretting your checking in experience we would like to state as hereunder :

You mention that the booking was made last minute through Expedia at 6 PM for the same day for one night's stay.

Our reservations close at 1800 Hrs hence there was no way reception could have known of your last minute booking.

Nevertheless going by the confirmation provided by you the Front Office allocated room to you despite the fact we were in a nearly sold out situation.

We could have provided the extra bed but as explained we only have a limited number of additional beds and on the said day with our high occupancy and also due to the last minute booking an extra mattress was provided to accommodate your request.

The person at the front office who interacted with you is no more in service with us. He was just relieving the night staff on duty.

One point we would like to mention here is that we are not a conventional commercial hotel and take pride in being small and a value for money resort.

We humbly express our apologies if any of our services did not come up to your expectations.

Looking forward to being of service to you at some stage again.

Warm Regards

Sunny Chopra
Pune, India
Reviewed 7 November 2013

we booked a hotel through yatra at goa ( hotel la casa siolim) on 3rd to 6th nov.2013 but we regret to inform you that it was horrible hotel,. in the room a/c was not working,no service for food(we have ordered food at 4 pm but till 7 pm nothing could come) also no bed tea was served. extra mattress which provided was in horrible condition,no lift for three storeyed building,no hot water initially but after arguing with the hotel employees boiling hot water to all the taps including health fosset,no cold water for mixing. the restaurant attached to it is a big joke, it is closed all the time. the hotel staff treated our complaints as a joke .so we had a very bad experience with hotel.

Room Tip: avoid booking a room in this hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kaybee2502
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your response which will go a long way in providing effective services for our future guests.

While acknowledging your claim for inconvenience we would like to point a few situations for your information.

We are a small resort and cannot be compared with large commercial establishments.

It is matter of pride for us proffers services in line with what is displayed on our website and the description on of any our associate portals.

With regard to your check in the registration card denotes 5 PM as your check in time as against 4 PM as mentioned in your review. You must appreciate this is in-between the major meal timings and you were informed of a minimum 45 minutes for getting the meal in. as a matter of fact you refused the ordered meal causing us monetary loss.

Bed tea is not part of the Yatra or any other deal

To our information you were allocated room on the ground floor and we are unable to establish the need for an elevator in a ground + 2 building.

Our Breakfast area can not be construed as a full service restaurant

We use solar power for the hot water and the temperatures are regulated. At times the water in the cold water tap is tepid due to exposure to the sunlight.

It is regretful that you feel the way you do and we sincerely wished if we had met during your stay. Indecently my office is just adjoining to the room that you were occupying.

Thank you for your inputs and we look forward to be of service or assistance at some future point in time.

Warm regards

Sunny Chopra
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This is a fusion of heritage and boutique, clean and new room interiors. Service oriented staff. This property is away from busy places of Baga and Calangute. Hotel has a small swimming pool and if you like fishing there is river close by. The beach north are unspoilt and my choice was morjim. You should also visit their restaurant Hangout. Good Continental food and liquor at a lowest possible cost. If you need a economic holiday in North Goa, this is the best place to try it out and my recommendation is for repeat visitors to Goa and people who would have already tried south goa and baga side of holidays. This is also the best bet for bachelors stay who would like to be out most of the day.

Room Tip: Dont miss on visiting Hangout.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank anilkprasanna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siolim
Sodder's Renton Manor
Palmarinha Resort
Palmarinha Resort
#32 of 110 in Calangute
Maximum Holiday Inn, Anjuna

Been to La Casa Siolim Resort? Share your experiences!