“A little taste of France in Central Panama” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostal Casa Amarilla

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punta Chame
Hostal Casa Amarilla
Ranked #1 of 4 Punta Chame B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“A little taste of France in Central Panama”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

I was fortunate enough to have found Casa Amarilla while looking for a place to stay during my recent tour of Panama. The owners of this lovely place have really put something special together. You feel as if you are on a trip through the south of France, with absolutely stunningly beautiful landscaping, a clean and inviting pool, and a restaurant with delicious food and drink, prepared by the owners themselves.

The room I stayed in was in the main house, and they have other rooms both inside and outside by the pool for those who might be a little more adventurous. My room totally blew away all my expectations of what a room should be at a hostal. This is more like a 4 star hotel, but private!

I could have stayed on the grounds the whole time and really wanted to enjoy more of the amenities, like the pool table, the swimming pool and the hammocks...but I had a rigorous schedule to keep which forced me to leave early and come back late in the day.

When I did return to the Casa Amarilla after a long day of driving, I always received a warm welcome and a tasty glass of wine to calm my soul.

I would strongly recommend staying here if you want to have a wonderful experience, enjoy some really delicious food and entertainment, and take in the beautiful surroundings in a relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, as far as I could tell, but to save a little you might try the outside bung...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VagabonDuo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

We hope to return to Casa Amarilla the next time we are in Chame. Everything about our stay was wonderful. Comfortable and lovely accommodations, excellent food, great location near the beach, and hospitable hostel owners make us highly recommend the place. It's family friendly and great for couples too. This establishment is very well run, great value for the fair price, and we hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: We loved room number 2!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Stabekk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

This place is my top pick of hotels during my South/Central America trip. We stayed here in appox. 10 nights, trying to learn how to kite surf. The hostal is very clean and highly maintained, and the owners Gilles and Rosemary are super friendly. They helped us getting in contact with the kite instructers, and drove us to our lessons- even if it was very early in the morning. Since Punta Chame is such a small place, we ate at the hostals restaurant for breakfast and dinner. The food is really good- Gilles is such a good chef! I would recommend this place for families, as much as for travelers wanting to learn how to kite:)

Room Tip: We stayed at one of the loft rooms. Very nice, and clean!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank odapau
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

Lovely place and people. Amazing food! We were at room #1, very cozy and clean. If you are lucky, your breakfast will have fruits from the garden!

• Stayed May 2012
Anchorage Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

This charming place is my top pick of the hotels we stayed at during our latest Central American trip. The attention to detail is amazing. Gilles and Rose Marie work tirelessly to keep it clean and maintained. There are rooms for every budget from little cabins w/out air conditioning to rooms in the rancho with shared bathrooms and rooms in the main house also with air conditioning. Wifi is available in the main area and in the house rooms. And the food. Wow. The scrumptious variety of french cuisine makes my mouth water as I write this review. The hosts and staff are very friendly and accommodating. Take a walk on the beach and through the friendly town. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it with exuberance. You won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

We stayed 5 nights and would have loved to stay longer. The rooms are simply beautiful, the garden and the pool just a lovely place to hang out, the food was amazing and the owners are absolutely great. The kitebeach is just a 10-minute-walk or 2-minute-ride by car or bike and for kiters it is also the absolute paradise with winds on a daily basis (at least when we were there). It is the perfect place to hang out, do not much (unless you are kiting) and just enjoy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Casa Amarilla is in Punta Chame, just 1.5 hours from Panama City. This is a must-go place. The rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. The food was amazing. The service was wonderful and the hostess so friendly I felt I was staying with friends. It is 5 minutes away from the beach. A hidden treasure in Panama!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
PSA RioMar
PSA RioMar
#2 of 9 in San Carlos
BlueBay Coronado Golf & Beach Resort

Been to Hostal Casa Amarilla? Share your experiences!