“Amazing floating city”
Review of Venice Water Taxis

Venice Water Taxis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: BookWaterTaxiVenice provide tours and private transfers services in Venice and Italy. A Premium and personalized service for your maximum confort, with Premium and Luxury water taxis, Mercedes S Class and Mercedes Viano Minivans. - Meet & Greet service at airport and Cruise Terminal - Private minivan from Airport to water taxi peer, for you total confort - Luggage assistance - Tours and huorly hire - Canal Grande extension: Transfer from airport to city with a 30 minutes sightseeing inside Venice
Bali, Indonesia
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Amazing floating city”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was amazed to see the beauty of venice when I got out of the train station.
I saw with amazement that there is a town located across statiun separated by oceans.

usually we use taxy car,but this time with a taxy boat.
we can buy tickets taxy boat for a day or once time pick up.
my suggestion to should buy one day validity period, so it can freely enjoy all day long the beautiful city of venice.
because I have to pay attention to the schedule of the train that will be drop me to verona, so use the time as possible to enjoy the beautiful venice.

Visited May 2014

• Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“A Great way to see Venice.”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I pre-purchased two three day travel cards for @ 70 Euros. I printed out a copy of the receipt and took this to a ticket office at our Bus Terminal at Piazzale Roma, where they gave us two travel cards. Like most transport systems around the world you have to swipe on for every trip.
These travel cards were extremely good value with unlimited travel for three days.
Compared to the over priced private taxis these are an excellent way to see the sights.
There are many Actv stops along the Grand Canal, Such as the Rialto, San Marco and all around Venice..
The Water taxis also stop at the Train & Bus Terminals. Every trip is a photo opportunity.
Be aware at many of the terminals are porters offering there services of carrying your luggage on a trolley to your hotel, very helpful but not cheap.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Richard M
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Efficient way to see Venice”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Jumped on the water taxis around the Grand Canal, they are reasonable and the very best way to see Venice. Hop on to get you back to the airport.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank EssexBirdDaisy
Grosse Pte Woods, MI
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Venice water taxis beware”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was our first time to Venice. We were only there for 1/2 day because we were on our way to a wedding further north. Since we knew we were coming back later that week we only bought a 7 euros ticket to take us to San Marcos square. We thought we'dsee some sites & get the lay of the land for later in the week. There was a free taxis to Mutant offered by the city's counsel of commerce. We decided that would be a good way to spend a few hours & see the area by water. Now comes the bad part. The taxis landing area did not have a ticket booth so we could go back. we were told you buy them on board. So we got on & the boat took off. We stood by the captain's cabin. We waited for about 15 min for someone to sell us a ticket. So we decided to sit down inside. ..big mistake. We thought they'd come around and sell tickets. The only person that came around was a water taxis police asking for our ticket. we gave them our 7 euros each & they said NO & pointed to a 5"x5" sign written in 3 languages (font was very small) that said if you don't have a ticket it would be another 59 euros fine plus the 7. We told them were waiting for someone to come around. They didn't have any sympathy AT ALL. I think this is how the city makes their $$$. We didn't know the system so I don't want others to experience this $130 euros mistake. What a way to start a vacation.

Visited July 2014
16 Thank Carol K
Adelaide, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Public water vaperettos”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I bought a three day pass which included the bus to the airport on the last day. Once I got my head around which way I had to go , it's a great cheap way to get around Venice. Certainly cheaper than the private water taxis...but like most public transport if you have the time.

Visited July 2014