“Don't be delayed!” 1 of 5 bubbles

US$57.22*
and up
Skip The Line: St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Venetoinside is a portal owned by the tour company Insidecom srl, which is the official and only direct provider of the skip the line access to St. Mark's Basilica. Moreover, on Venetoinside you can also book a wide range of tours, guided visits, excursions and courses, entry tickets to the most important museums, taxi and transfer services as well as travel cards for public transport in Venice.
Carvoeiro, Portugal
“Don't be delayed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2016

Our plane was delayed arriving in Venice and I called the offices of the the agent to advise them - although I shouldn't have had to - from our airport of departure which was in Sicily. I was informed that the boat company "checks the flights" (as common sense would dictate) and that although the desk would be closed there would be a notice at the desk for us. Although our delay meant that the offices of the boat company would be closed when we arrived (they close at midnight and we arrived one hour later), our plane departed from it's origin just after 11pm - so no excuse for not knowing EXACTLY when we would arrive in VCE. I was travelling with a friend in a wheelchair and I have used these boats before, so I know EXACTLY where the office of the boat company is. Fortunately the airport assistance agreed to help us all the way to the boats as it would have been extremely difficult otherwise. We stopped at the office of the boat company on the way there and there was NO SIGN. When we arrived at the docking point for the boats - NO BOAT. I then called the emergency number on the voucher using my mobile and was told that the the boats had gone back to Venice and that we would have to wait half an hour for the boat - bearing in mind we were already delayed and it was very cold waiting around on our own in the middle of the night. I tried not to complain too much as I was afraid we would be completely abandoned, but I did ask why there had been no boat waiting as they knew exactly when the flight would arrive. I was brusquely told that I could cancel and have my money back! Great! How the hell would we get to our accommodation otherwise - the place was utterly deserted! The boat arrived a little more than 20 minutes later and took us to our accommodation. When I complained the following day over the phone the lady basically spoke over me the whole time and then ended-up putting the phone down on me. I then followed-up with an email and was told that there WAS a notice at the desk for us (there wasn't and this was witnessed by three people other than myself - the two airport assistance men and my friend) and that the note explains to call a number to summon the boat and that the boats are not allowed to wait, blah, blah. Basically, it seems to me that when there is a problem, this 'service' company just evades and diverts responsibility. I wouldn't have been so annoyed if they had just apologised, but since all they have done is justify themselves, in my opinion it shows that they WILL do the same again and have learnt nothing. Imagine if this had been two elderly clients without mobile phones. Imagine if the airport assistance had not been so accommodating. The final outcome was that the 'service' company said that I should take up my complaint with the airline. In other words, it was all the fault of the delayed aircraft. Be warned.

Visited November 2016
Venetoinside, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Venetoinside, responded to this review, 29 November 2016
Dear l-touring,

despite your many complaints and your several interpretations of what happened, we regret that we have to give you the same answers already provided over the phone and by email. Let’s make a summary of the events.
First of all, as our colleague in charge with the emergency phone on that night explained to you, the Water Taxi Desk at the airport closes at midnight. During the desk opening time, our staff at the airport take care of the booking and call the water taxi only once the customer shows up to the desk… This phone call is necessary because, due to airport restrictions, water taxi drivers cannot leave the boat docked at the airport water taxi pier. The boats at the airport are always on a "waiting call" status both during the day and at night: for services after closing time, the staff always leave instructions with the phone number to contact in order to request the boat. This is how all water taxi services and all water taxi companies work in Venice… Boat transfers from Venice airport have always operated like this and we have never got such a complaint!
When you contacted the emergency number at approx. 10.00 pm to communicate your flight delay of approx. 2 hrs (of which our staff at the airport was already aware since they were monitoring the flight status), our colleague told you that, since you would have arrived after the desk closure, our staff would have left a piece of paper with instructions and phone number to contact to get your transfer at the water taxi desk. Our staff was informed about your flight arrival time, but the water taxi has to be called only after customers show up to the desk therefore if the desk is already closed, you are required to call the taxi!
Continuing the summary, we can only suppose what happened after your flight landed – if you went straight to the pier instead of calling at the desk as you were invited to do by our collegue or if you stopped at the desk and didn’t see the piece of paper… We only know that you contacted again the emergency number at approx. 1.30 am informing you were waiting for the water taxi at the aiport pier. At this point, our colleague contacted the water taxi company for you and the water taxi number 355 arrived at the airport pier at 1.50 am (it only took approximately 15 minutes to reach the airport from Venice centre). Of course, if you had contacted the call center number once at the arrival hall, the water taxi would have arrived earlier and you would have avoided the waiting time at the pier at all. Concerning the offer to cancel the reservation and get the money back, actually our colleague simply offered you to take another water taxi (of a different boat company) in case someone was around at the airport pier… Understanding your unpleasant situation she offered to you the opportunity to cancel your transfer free of charge and take another taxi in case it happened to be already there by chance… All this considering that the flight delay was certainly not our fault!
As things stand, we have the impression that you are carrying on a personal dispute with our colleague in charge with the emergency number on that night, but we can assure you that she is a trustworthy and professional person who has been working with us for years… Therefore it is a bit difficult for us to believe she treated you as described above.
Moreover, after checking our reservation system, we found out that you made lots of reservation on our portal, so we think you should have been aware of how water taxis from the airport works.
To sum up, we are sorry that you had to wait 20 minutes at the airport, however it should be clear now that we cannot be held responsible for that. Your transfer was regularly provided by our side despite the big delay of your arline company.
We are also proud to announce that we have been successful in winning the award for ‘Transfer Company of the Year 2017’ for the Veneto region. The LTA - Luxury Travel Awards program selects winners based on their achievements and strengths in the travel industry. Winners have been subject to rigorous assessment criteria, carried out by the LTA experienced in-house professionals as well as a number of celebrity guest judges.

“Booking tickets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2016

I found this excellent service on the internet while we were in long, long queue in front of San Marco Basilica. I booked tickets to skip queue for my family and in 3 minutes I got them. Great!

Visited November 2016
Littleton, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2016

We took the Skip the line tour of St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace. The tour is probably really good but what colored our opinion of the whole experience was our tour guide. Our tour was on 9/27/2016 at 11:15 a.m. Our guide was an older gentlemen who is a professor. We are sure he is very knowledgeable. However, this was supposed to be an English speaking tour and his accent was so thick that you could barely understand him. Several of us had to constantly watch his lips in an effort to figure out what he was saying. By far the worse part was his lack of professional. He repeatedly made sexist comments and did not refrain from interjecting his personal political opinions rather than just sticking to the facts.

Visited September 2016
Venetoinside, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Venetoinside, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear D1452IEpa,

we are sorry about what happened! After receiving your review, we carefully delved into this issue to find out who was in charge with your tour and prevent other similar situations from happening again. Actually, we haven't received any complaints by other participants in the same tour, so we may suppose that the guide was joking.
Sometimes the guides try to animate the explanations with jokes and gags… Unfortunately, they don’t always take into account that the participants in the tour may come from all over the world and therefore belong to different cultures and social contexts. His jokes might not make other people laugh or even be considered offensive. We deeply apologise for his behaviour but we can assure you that he did not want to offend anyone.
Anyway, we can assure you that we are working in order to make things change and to penalize guides who did not prove to have a proper behaviour towards cultures and traditions of our customers.
As for your criticism about the guide's command of language, please consider that the guide who was in charge with you tour is usually much appreciated by our customers for his good level of English.

Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ST MARK'S MUSEUM AND CATHEDRAL FROM ABOVE (SKIP THE LINE GUIDED TOUR)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2016

This tour and tour guide were excellent. The guide was very knowledgeable of the history and details of the cathedral. I chose this tour to because I wanted to be different than the "regular" tourist plus I wanted to see the bronze horses close up, and the tour delivered! The group was small, just three of us and another couple. We had a bird's eye view of the alter below and learned about the mosaics, and history of where the women were allowed to sit during those times. The last part of the tour was breathtaking! Standing in the facade of the cathedral with the famous bronze horses looking over St. Mark's Square will be a memory that I'll never forget.

Visited October 2016
“Murano, burano tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

It was a nice tour but the time is a little bit limited in each island. I stayed behind in Burano and didn't push through with Torcello. But all in all everything was fine.

Visited October 2016
Venetoinside, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Venetoinside, responded to this review, 8 November 2016
Dear Ken C,

we are pleased you enjoyed the tour! Actually, the tour allows you to get an overview of the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello… Visiting 3 islands in approx. 4 hours necessarily implies spending little time in each of them. Next time we suggest you to book the half-day excursion to Murano and Burano that includes only two islands and offers loger stops to let you explore the islands!