“Wonderful 40th Birthday Celebration”
Review of Riva del Vin

Riva del Vin
Ranked #1,732 of 2,119 Restaurants in City of Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful 40th Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stopped here in the afternoon for a drink and to take in the atmosphere and idyllic location by the Grand Canal/ Rialto Bridge; the waiters were exceptionally helpful and despite the negative reviews we decided to book for my husbands 40th birthday dinner that evening.

We all had a truly wonderful time - the evening started with a gondola ride (the gondola stop is only 100 yds from the restaurant), arrived to a glass of prosecco, ate beautiful fresh fish, had excellent attentive service and after dessert complete with sparklers we were returned to our hotel (Hotel Gabrielli Sandwith - also excellent) in a traditional mahogany speedboat.

We will return here time and time again and are so pleased that we ignored the reviews and trusted or instints.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
“Terrible food & service!(Food poisoning)”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband as I looked forward to visiting Venise on Celebrity Equinox cruise, but eating at this restaurant was a big mistake! Was our lst night in Venise, Oct. 27, 2013. (8 p.m. evening)
After a very romantic gondola ride & visit to Doges' Palace, we decided to eat at this resto due to it's location near Rialto bridge.
First of all, very rude waiter, and slow service. We picked this resto for the view, that was the only good thing about it! I ate veal and veggies, cold. My husband ordered Bolognese sauce with pasta, that was the mistake. He had FOOD POISONING within 5 hrs. of eating at this place, and unfortunately missed out on entire next day in Venise. I would not recommend this place at all!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Irene J
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Appalling!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

It was my last day in Venice with my Girlfriend and after packing ready for our flight later in the day we headed out about 11am into yet another glorious sunny day in early March. Passing the Rialto bridge once again we thought we wold repeat our first day experience and try another cafe in the morning sun. Unfortunately we couldn't have chosen worse. We were almost accosted walking down the street and when we reluctantly agreed to sit, the menus were just thrown down on the table. A very rude waiter then hovered over us. My girlfriend asked if there was a breakfast menu to which the waiter glared like we were aliens. Accepting the fact that it was too late for breakfast, we contemplated a light lunch but the menu eluded. Despite asking for time to look at the menu, the waiter kept coming back every 60 seconds. In the end we ordered just 2 fruit juices just to get him out of the way. They were delivered promptly but when my girlfriend said we would not be ordering food the waiter left and came back immediately with the bill for the drinks. He just stood there with it glowering at me. After about 30 seconds I realised he was waiting for me to pay immediately. We paid and then spent a nice 30 minutes after that table hogging and enjoying the sun. The fruit juice was nice in fairness, but the waiters attitude was absolutely disgusting and as such I would rather not even rate this place with one star. I appreciate that sometimes with the language barrier, it can come across as rude when not intended but in this case there was no doubt and my girlfriend was in total agreement. For a city that places so much emphasis on tourism, this cafe / restaurant is quite frankly an embarrassment and shows Venice in a very poor light. They should be ashamed of themselves. I would advise that this place is avoided and if you want a nice breakfast or brunch try Caffe Saraceno which is also a bit closer to Rialto Bridge and with much better views of said bridge to compliment the excellent service

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Andrew B
“Best place I've been in venice”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I've been in this restaurant with my bf unfortunately only one day before to come back in London. The location was great we stopped saw the menu and decided to have a nice dinner outside.amazing food service quality and price,best place we've been during our long week end in the lovely city that is venice.we were so happy about our dinner that,the morning after we decided to go back there just for a coffee.absolutely highly recommended .

• Visited March 2014
“Abismal - avoid at all costs”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Having just spent two nights in Venice with my girlfriend, we thought we'd be typical tourists and have a meal looking over the Grand Canal, we thought it may cost a little over average bit should be a good experience - wrong!!! After hastily being seated, our less than polite waiter took our order, I can live with a dull waiter as long as the food is good and they don't expect a tip. A short while later the worst excuse for an Italian meal was put on the table, I'm not joking you can buy microwave meals which would excite you more! My partners Carbonara was bland and just filled a gap, my mixed seafood grill was disgusting, all overcooked and just piled on a plate. I picked at mine and left almost all of it. Not once had our waiter asked if we wanted any parmesan, more drinks, or simply if everything was ok. Eventually we got the attention of another waiter and asked for the bill, to which he replied "why?". We looked at each other then him
And said "what do you mean why?", he said "you still have all this food", we said it was awful and really didn't like it - he laughed rather loudly and walked off. Another waiter then came over and cleared the plates, we said the same to him, he muttered and then again walked away. We managed to get the manager over who was just as bad as the others, the best he could seem to do was assure us that he would make sure his waiters "give good service tomorrow", well we were there that night and had no intention of coming back! In the end I said very bluntly here is the money for the drinks my partners meal and refused to pay for anything else and walked away. Still, every cloud has a silver lining as we stumbled upon a beautiful place called Ristorante San Stefano, near where were staying, and stopped for dessert. They were charming, and the food delicious. We went there the following day for lunch and loved every moment and every mouthful!

2 Thank jamespa28