“Disgusting!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bootle
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disgusting!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel while on a hen party weekend. As soon as arriving at the hotel we we're hit by a disgusting smell as the hotel is situated right next to a factory and quarry, the whole area resembled somewhere prostitutes and murderers might hang out! The girl that met us on reception was very friendly and helpful and gave us the key to our room.
I was in a room with two other girls the room was quite cramped and contained 3 small single beds and an en suite.
We only quickly dumped our bags and headed straight out so it wasn't until returning much later that I really looked at the room. On pulling back my duvet I discovered dirty black marks on the duvet and the pillows which I decided I couldn't use! The sheet itself had some questionable marks but I couldn't bring myself to sleep on the bare mattress so reluctantly I left the sheet on. All three if us didn't feel comfortable to sleep in the beds properly so slept on top and after discovering lots of massive spiderwebs and one of the girls having a big phobia we slept with the light on!
The curtains we're also filthy and the walls covered in crumbling plaster and damp, breakfast was included in the price but after the state of the rooms we decided not to eat there and wait til we left.
This was the grubbiest hotel I've ever stayed in and would never go back! I couldn't wait to get home for a scrub in the shower!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Liz C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The room had holes in the door, the window was raped, there was stairs all up the walls i dont want to say what it looked like but wasnt nice. Theres no lift so you have to walk up and down the stairs. Dont book

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Bootle hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

we stayed here as we went to see ub40 the room was dirty I believe I was over charged as there was no en suite and there was no remote for the tv and when we complained about the blood on the bed sheet they shrugged it of it was really discussing wouldn't go here again

Room Tip: book in to a holiday inn
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amy b
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

They robbed my friend's money. She left it in the room, we went away for the night, and it wasn't there anymore. We looked EVERYWHERE in the room, which are very small and old BTW, under the bed, etc...and the money was not there. We went downstairs to complain, the cleaner with a very nervous attitude went upstaris to look for it, and suddenly it appeared under the bed. Very strange, weird and unlikely, since I myself picked up the bed to look there. The receptionist, was so angry when I told her that (guilt obviously) that she started being rude and yelling at us to leave the hotel, or she will call the police (what for? I don't know). anyway. DON'T BOOK HERE!!! The worst hotel...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Tania U
shirley c, Manager at Regent Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Nobody tried to steal from your room, you accused 4 different members of staff of stealing, The cleaner did not go to your room alone, she went with you,& found a purse, & a package wrapped in silver foil, which you said was your cookies, under the bed, The reason why the police were called to the hotel was firstly because you tried to accuse staff members of stealing your possessions & also you were aggressive & intimidating towards a member of staff who is 8 months pregnant, you were also confrontational the the cleaner who was trying to help you, If you wish to place a review on this site at least have the decency to make it an honest one,
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here in January 2013. I returned to the hotel because of the excellent way I was treated the first time. This second time has been even better. Excellent room with great facilities. The desk staff are excellent and always willing to help out to make your stay worthwhile.
Location is great being a short taxi ride into town. There are buses and trains within 10 minutes walk of the hotel.
Breakfast is more than adequate and the evening meals are large and very filling.
All in all, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Be as specific as you can when booking.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel has various ratings but in my opinion as with all things you get what you pay for.

I stayed for one night whilst on business in Liverpool.

I stayed in Room 18, this is a single room with only a Wash Basin in the room. The Wc Facilities and shower was directly across the hall so not a real problem.

The room was clean dry and warm although the bed had probably "seen some action" over the years.

Breakfast was included in the £29.00 fee that I paid, although I was recommended to eat just a few yards up the road at a greasy spoon.....apparently the portions were bigger so on that basis I cant comment on the breakfast at the hotel.

Room Tip: I was told that the first floor rooms are better
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
easington village
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I have just gotten home from a weekend in Liverpool with my two girl friends where we stayed in this hotel.
We stayed for two nights and it cost us just under £60 a head - very reasonable!!
It was quite a distance from the town... And we had to taxi into town but it was only £5-£6 between 3 of us which didn't really bother us!
However we went to Albert Docks during the day and this was really quite close to the hotel. It was a lovely experience and I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent there!

The hotel room was basic.... The hotel called before we arrived to ask roughly what time to expect us and the lady I spoke to was very very pleasant! She told us that instead of a single room and a twin room for the three of us she would give us a larger triple room with an en suite for the same price - we would have had a shared bathroom if this hadn't been offered so we were thrilled!

The room was spacious and clean! The beds were comfy and nicely made which is always a pleasure to see. The bathroom was small and basic but exactly what you needed! We all got two towels provided each and asked the next morning if we wanted more and more tea/coffee! Very kind and polite offer :)

The shower started flooding the first time it was used. But the lady came straight upstairs with a mop and also considering we were getting ready to hit the town we had lots of shots and drinks lined up on the floor as we were playing drinking games - she was very sociable and pleasant and had a laugh with us before leaving the room!

We wee provided with continental breakfast for the two mornings however due to my hungover state I only made it to the second morning (birthday celebrations got out of hand).
It was a very good selection! There was loaves of bread, boxes of cereal, tea, coffee, croissants, cereal bars, waffles, yogurts, fruit, juice etc plenty to pick at!

Overall great hotel and just what we needed! Just would have prepared a little closer to the town

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bootle
Devonshire House Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,299 reviews
The Nadler Liverpool
#1 of 99 in Liverpool
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,783 reviews

Been to Regent Maritime Hotel? Share your experiences!