“Good value chain hotel with an independent feel”

Premier Inn Liverpool North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bootle
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed here with a friend for one night & we were both impressed from the outset by the excellent customer service. From the moment we arrived we received a warm, genuine welcome. We dealt with front desk staff to book breakfast & dinner and to order a taxi to bring us back to the hotel later that evening. They could not have been more efficient or helpful!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Bootle area. In terms of facilities and value, it offers everything I have come to expect from the Premier Inn brand.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 November 2013

On arriving at hotel a lovely receptionist whose name I can't remember was welcoming pleasant and made sure we were happy and when complaint about the toilet which was cracked and stunk she offered to move us room without this member of staff the stay would have been rated a one or two

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have used this hotel a number of times and as a disabled person with breathing problems I need disabled parking near to entrance. This perticuler hotel does nothing to get none badge holders to remove their vehicles from the disabled parking bays. I have stood at the reception gasping for breath complaining to the staff after having to walk from the nearest non disabled bay whilst all the disabled bays were blocked by none disabled badge holders, but was fobbed off with , "we can't put notices on the cars as it is due to rain" or "we don't know who's the car is as guest dont leave there details"

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013

If you have a Tom Tom, the point of interest for this place will get you to the door so no worries there.
At first sight I thought I was in for a sleepless night as this is located right next to a main road, but the place itself looks well kept and there is the obligatory pub located right next to it. A Beefeater, so not the cheapest place to eat, but there is a Wetherspoons (The Frank Hornsby, I think) a couple of miles away.
It took a while to get checked in as there was quite a queue when I arrived, but the receptionist was not dawdling and kept apologising to us for our wait. I don't know why. It was her fault we all tipped up at the same time, but good customer service none the less and she was very polite and friendly when I eventually did get to book in.
What I like about Premier Inns, is that you know exactly what you're going to get and I wasn't disappointed this time either. The hotel and rooms are clean, tidy and very purple and the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
I mentioned earlier about the main road outside the hotel and how I thought I was in for a sleepless night. I was wrong. That may have had something to do with the quality of the sound insulation that the windows provided or it may have had something to do with the 4 pints of a very good Spitfire I had in the Beefeater next door. You decide.
While I'm on the Beefeater, I can't help but feel a little aggrieved that my colleagues and I won a gallon of ale in the pub quiz, but weren't given the tokens until after the bar had shut. This is a Premier Inn we're talking about. It's not like you come here for an extended stay so how are we supposed to use the tokens we're not there the following night????
If you're thinking the Beefeater has got nothing to do with the hotel so why am I having a go, your breakfast is served in the Beefeater, so they must be related somehow.
Speaking of breakfast, they do advertise it as "More break feast than breakfast" and they're not wrong. There's a choice of hash browns, mushrooms, eggs of all kinds, bacon, sausage, beans etc. and it's all cooked fresh for you as well. A definite plus.
Would I stay here again? Definitely, but I won't be entering the pub quiz :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Visiting our daughter now at University of Liverpool. Unfortunately the Albert Dock Premier Inn was fully booked which is very good. Our next available option was Liverpool North. This hotel is in need of a thorough upgrade. The restaurant was dark and dingy and needs redecoration. The rooms were clean but a few tiles in the bathroom were very discoloured. Staff friendly and helpful but the hotel is situated on a noisy through road. In fairness we did have a room on the front so perhaps a room at the rear would have been better for noise level. 5 out of 10 and a poor relation to Albert Dock.

Room Tip: Choosing a room away from the main road may help with the noise levels.
1  Thank holidayhaunts
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Premier Inn at Liverpool North has always been a great experience, so clean, comfortable + friendly. The food in the restaurant is brilliant too.
We'll definitely be back! We always choose this Premier Inn .

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed here as it was close to a friend's party and were pleasantly suprised. Having only paid £29 for the one night, we didn't expect too much. However, the room was immaculate and well appointed. My only complaint was that the shower was very weak. We didn't hear any noise form the hotel or road during the night and slept well (although the beds are quite hard and the pillows not the best).
The lady on reception was very helpful and organised us a taxi. It's also great that you don't have to check out until 12pm.
If you need a short stay somewhere well priced then this hotel is definately worth it!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bootle
Park Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
#17 of 98 in Liverpool

Been to Premier Inn Liverpool North Hotel? Share your experiences!