“Couldn't ask for more!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Rainhill
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Specialty offee shop, ice cream bar and creperie. English and Irish breakfasts, lunches, sandwiches, cakes and snacks. SCA Authorised coffee training school
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I went to Caffe & Co for my lunch for a catch up with my friend and had a really nice time. The food was really nice and the staff were all friendly and happy to help. I'll definitely be popping in again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We went here yesterday for lunch, bad mistake. We ordered a toastie, a cheese salad barm, chips and two coffees. Couldn't beleive the price, £14.50 !!
The whole menu is grossly overpriced for what you get. The toastie was awful, flat , dry and no filling. The cheese salad barm was terrible for the price, and the girl forgot to put any dressing on it. Chips were cold aswell. The coffees i thought couldn't be any worse , but yes, they were cold and not very tasty.
The staff didn't seem interested at all, just stood round talking to each other.
All in all we will not be going back here, they need to concentrate on providing good, hot, value for money food and drinks. There are so many places to choose from nowadays that this type of servcie and food is not good enough.

debuffedu, Owner at Caffe & Co, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

I am sorry you feel that your experience with us was not as you had hoped. Quality and customer service are paramount and as we have stated previously on Tripadvisor, in the instance that a customer has a grievance in any way, they should raise it with staff whilst actually in the shop where we will always try to rectify the situation. Unfortunately you did not do this.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We went for a quick brunch on a weekend before going out for the day. The only problem was, it wasn't so quick. We waited nearly an hour for 2 fried breakfasts. The cafe was busy but not full, we got a table without waiting. I got the impression there was only 1 person working in the kitchen, doing one order at a time.

When the food eventually arrived, it was standard fried breakfast, it's pretty hard to do wrong. The price was near the top end of what I would have paid for it though.

I'm giving it 3 because the service was good enough, the staff were friendly and polite, and its a nice enough place.

Perhaps better for tea/coffee than it is for food?

Reviewed 22 December 2013

What a delightful morning! Three of us went to Caffe n Co for a festive breakfast and it was just lovely. Fab food, excellent coffee, lovely surroundings and great service !
I would definitely recommend it for a chilled out experience with great great food thanks .

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

After visiting here today with family I can honestly say that we won't be bothering to come back.

The food is extremely overpriced for what you get. How can two pieces of bread with a slice of ham cost £3.50??? Ok, so there was a small salad garnish (which incidentally was the nicest looking thing on the plate) - but still? May I also add that this was a child's sandwich off the children's menu. Value for money? I'm thinking not.

We did purchase other items for children from the menu which included tough and overcooked chicken nuggets and chips - which a food loving, unfussy child turned their nose up at.

What we ordered also took a considerable amount of time to come - even though the place was all but empty of customers.

The tea and coffee that we ordered were the nicest part - nothing to complain about but nothing special either.

Ill be making sure that mine and my family's money either stays in our pockets or gets used elsewhere (much better places for food around here)

Disappointing.

debuffedu, Owner at Caffe & Co, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Customer satisfaction is paramount. If our food does not meet your expectations then of course we always offer a full refund. However, in order to do this we need to be notified of the issue at the time. Customer feedback is always welcome to enable us to make improvements.