All reviews ship inn attached pub pub next door quiet location continental breakfast good size room was clean and comfortable would recommend this hotel to anyone a great nights sleep car parking great place to stay couldn't fault stayed for one night family room excellent value for money tea and coffee motorway
Reviewed 29 October 2014 via mobile

Comfy bed. clean .fresh towels etć helpful staff big safe car park ..just couple of issues no hairdrier in room and no sockets next to bed to charge phone .and you have to pay for wifi ..but other than that great Vicky on front desk very helpful and all other staff where also .

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 28 October 2014

Poor experience at this hotel due to dated fixtures and fittings in the bedroom, and the substandard breakfast that we received on the day that we left. Food not ready on the designated opening time and scrambled egg had pieces of shell in it. Both tea and coffee were cold.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vince P
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Liverpool Rainhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2014

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of standards and service in all our establishments, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2014

A smaller hotel but had a great stay with friendly staff, a warm welcome, room warm clean and very tidy,good parking, staff very helpful
hotel very handy for trains into Liverpool, staff always on hand, gave good recommendation for meal at nearby Indian restaurant The Blue Mango where food was very good and staff and owner very friendly, lots of locals eating there which is a good recommendation,

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Annie B
Reviewed 21 September 2014

This is the smallest premier inn I've ever stayed at only around 30 rooms. The rooms are excellent and so are the staff. I was surprised to have a key to open my room but the rooms are great. Whilst here my partners wheelchair which is electric broke and the staff bent over backwards to help rectify the problem. It has a pub next door with friendly staff and very helpful. The food was excellent. (See the ship inn review)

Room Tip: All rooms were good.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 616sheenaa
Reviewed 18 September 2014

Staying on my own, visiting family in the area, I popped in the pub (Ship Inn) on a Monday night a little nervously to have a quick one. The locals and management insisted I joined them and we had a wonderful night. An amazing group of people who made the stay incredibly special. They embraced my little ancestry story and went out of their way to make me feel at home and add any details they could. Nights like that only happen with special, genuine people.
Another night hosted the best quiz night I have ever seen with the locals playing acoustic guitars in the other bar. It's not often you get great pub nights like this any more, especially ones that embrace strangers and make them feel so at home. Nothing short of fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo