“Don't get a room on the ground floor”

Premier Inn Liverpool (Roby) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Huyton
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Hear every step from the room an corridors above plus cleaners have there morning chat outside your room first thing, not good. Booked online when I got there price had change to the turn up an pay price only a few pounds difference but better in mine than there's. Room wasn't ready only had one very small towel in. Tv only had a few channels working an lights was broken so main light or nothing. I'm certain all the rooms aren't this bad this bad one off I hope.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is the third time in 3 years that i have stayed at the Premuim Inn, Roby and again they have excelled. This time I was on my own with my 2.5yr old and from the moment I arrived the staff could not do enough to help me.
As soon as we walked in the door the staff recognised us and asked how my daughter was by name! (which if you see previous comments, when my daughter had been ill you could say maybe she would be remebered) but if you imagine how many visitors are there every year was a lovely touch.
We were on the top floor as per the premuim inn policy of lone travellers, the room was clean and tidy as normal, as I had a buggy, large rucksack and a bag full of child stuff, the staff asked straight away if i needed any help with my luggage.
Each morning after breakfast, the staff asked if we needed any help getting anywhere as we were without a car, and when we had problems with secruity on my Ipad they helped me log on as I needed to Skype my family back in Portsmouth.
This time we only ate in the resturant on the final night and as my duaghter was really tired, she was not in the best of moods, the staff were understanding that she was making a bit of noise and mess.
I really cannot express how much I enjoy staying here, there is nothing that I can say was bad, when we first got in the room, it felt a bit cold, but the temprature gauge was so easy to change it was sorted really quickly.
My husband was not keen on myself and my daughter travelling alone and staying in a hotel, but as soon as he knew we were at the "derby Lodge" he was fine as he knew we would be looked after, and he was not wrong. If you are with family or travelling alone this is ideal place to be, in fact if you are travelling to Liverpool i highly recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher floors seem to hear the wind a bit more, and if you need a quiet room ask not to be over...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

With buildings that have been converted from a previous use, there is usually some sort of trade off, and that is the case with the Roby Premier Inn. Formerly an old people's home and long before that, almost certainly a Manor House, its corridors present a a maze like quality to the unininitiated and it took me a while to find my Room (52) on the first floor, above the restaurant and overlooking the garden. There is a beautiful staircase down from the room to the restaurant boxed in by the modern development that has taken over the building: no time for period features when functionality is paramount! This is a pity, as most Premier Inns are purpose built, this one isn't, and that could be its selling point. If you are used to Premier Inns, check in is quick and efficient, so you have little contact with any staff. This Premier Inn is very near the M62 and it is easy to find. I was at an advantage since I know the area well. Another selling point is that the Inn is very close to Roby Station and a return ticket to Liverpool costs in the region of three pounds with trains running every twenty minutes.
The Restaurant: I ate here in the evening. It was adequate but nothing special; the fish cakes were deep fat fried, and resembled small rocks. Breakfast was a huge improvement and it is cooked to order.

Room Tip: If you have any sort of disability request a ground floor room. Although there is a lift, don't...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DannyBoy94
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Hotel was fantastically clean and tidy with friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant/bar was marvellous with plenty of food options. The breakfast choices were supurb and great value for money. The room was great, clean and an extreamlly comfortable bed that I did not want to get out of. The hotel was fantastically situated for where I need to be. I would Definatly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Have been here several times and although not in the centre of Liverpool has great transport links, trains run every 15 minutes in to Lime St, if you want to avoid car parking charges. Staff are great this includes all the reception, restaurant & auxiliary staff, nothing is too much trouble even offering to warm some milk up for our daughter who was unwell. They definitely make the hotel the place it is and deserve a huge pat on the back. The only small downside is the building in that it's old and because of this it creaks and groans so if your a very light sleeper be warned.

Room Tip: Choose top floor for a better nights sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Needing to go to Kirkby on a daily basis, this hotel offered us the best option being 15 mins by car to both Kirkby and Liverpool centre.
Staff are amazingly friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and sizeable with good amenities such as in-room tea/ coffee making, cable TV. Being an old house you do get creaking floorboard sounds occasionally yet not enough to keep you up at night.
Overall, a great hotel at a great price.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Rehtnug
Reviewed 12 February 2014

You can get a good deal with this hotel, but be careful as the price can double from day to day. The staff are great and the food in the restaurant is ok. Location depends on what you are looking for as it is not close to town. However there are train and busses to town. I would recommend this place, but mostly for people with their own transport

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huyton
Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley
Premier Inn Liverpool (Tarbock) Hotel
Suites Hotel & Spa -  Knowsley
2 mi away
Village Hotel Liverpool
Travelodge Liverpool Stoneycroft
Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport

Been to Premier Inn Liverpool (Roby) Hotel? Share your experiences!