Hyatt Place Hampi
US$42
US$37
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvidyanagar townshipjindal steelbusiness hotelplunge poolhotel is locatedthe hotel staffbuffet spreadmin drivelush greenspecial thanksluxury hotelworld heritagevijayanagar empirebeautiful propertydinner buffetf bown transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome hotel close to Hampi, clean neat and nice rooms, and the breakfast so good with the dosa plane. I strong recommended, weather as this time was really good and the personal at reception amazing how they help...

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Refft
hampi_hyattplace, General Manager at Hyatt Place Hampi, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Warm greetings from Hyatt Place Hampi.

At the onset, thank you for choosing Hyatt Place Hampi as the preferred hotel for your stay and for sparing your valuable time to share your stay experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that you liked our hotel and overall services offered. It is our constant endeavor to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable stay with us and we as a team are committed to provide best of our services.

I thank you for your sincere response and your strong recommendation.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Hassle free check in. Thanks Saroja. Absolutely neat rooms. A beautiful reception area. Large dining area but a small ala carte menu. Food was almost home like. We tried some fried rice and naans at lunch and was good. Surprised to see a first in the world - the entire hotel is a no smoking hotel except for smoke zone at the exit area. Price is okay but with a corporate discount could be better value for money. Twin beds in room each almost 3/4th of a king size bed. A good bird eye view of JSW steel from the 4th floor balcony. Overall a nice play to spend some time after a hard days work in JSW.

• Stayed: June 2014
hampi_hyattplace, General Manager at Hyatt Place Hampi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Mr. Agrawal,

Warm greetings from Hyatt Place Hampi.

I am delighted to learn that you liked our hotel, its ambience and overall services. It is our constant attempt to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable stay with us and we as a team are committed to provide best of our services. I have shared your compliment with Saroja. She was overwhelmed to hear from you.

Thank you once again for your detailed and encouraging feedback.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here recently on a weekend trip. It really does take just 6 hours from Bangalore (and would be faster if it weren't for the ridiculous tolling structure the Karnataka government has in place, requiring people to pay small amounts and inevitably experiencing issues with a lack of change). Rooms are clean and functional and the staff go out of their way to help. Main downsides (as a tourist) are the proximity to the massive JSW Steel Factory and the traffic noise from the adjacent road. Food selection in the restaurant is pretty average but is acceptable for a short stay. The drive to Hampi takes about 45 mins. Free wifi throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Warm greetings from Hyatt Place Hampi.

I thank you for your detailed and sincere response and assure you that we will always prioritize to enhance our guest experience through your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Don't get confused by the review title, Hyatt is a breath of fresh air in the midst of all the hustle bustle around it with the steel plant, goods trains, numerous truck racing like maniacs.

This is surely a business hotel but I must say it is amazing for family outing as well. The big and only difference this place is the STAFF, the reason I put that into bold is that there are no words to describe the amazing hospitality they offered. I remember the names of the folks who were there, starting from Shweta, Priti at front desk. Akshay, Saurav (at bar), Shibin, Gaurav, Avishek, Mr.Saha, Aamier and in fact I could not recollect all the names :(. These folks display exemplary customer service.

For the review bit, My observations are:

Location: It is located some 38 kms from Hampi. Do not do the mistake of following the GPS when driving from Bangalore you will experience hellish roads, instead rely on the information provided by hotel. Else give them a call.

Service: Simply great. Our cars were dirty,we requested if they could help us getting it washed from outside. Not only they obliged but when we got our cars back it was cleaned from inside as well. There is no room service as per the policy.

Rooms: The rooms were spacious and clean, with all the requisite things (locker, fridge etc). The bathrooms though were a bit cramped (I guess it's the type of rooms) but no complains.

Food: We had both À la carte & buffet. The food tasted good and the spread was nice. We stayed back for Sunday brunch as well which was lip smacking.

Facilities: This being a business hotel there was free WiFi and it worked good. The pool is good, so are the other aspects, like gym, business centre and play area.

Areas of Improvement: Little things I would like to point out here which I noticed.
1) Could there be an automatic door at the front, its quite an inconvenience to open the doors by self with luggage or kids.
2) There are no kids chair/baby chair in the restaurant. I agree that this is a business hotel but couple of chairs would not do harm.
3) The lawns (opening up to room 118 and the series) are not well maintained, though the grass is short but weeds are also there.
4) A covered car parking, at least a shade would be nice, Toranagallu is a hot place and sun comes really hard.

Overall the hotel is great and what makes it a great place to stay is the staff which prompted me to take up the gold membership for Hyatt. Keep up the good work folks.

Room Tip: Any rooms would do, if you are travelling with kids, they offer a sofa cum bed room, which is great option for your kid to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
hampi_hyattplace, General Manager at Hyatt Place Hampi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Warm greetings from Hyatt Place Hampi.

I am delighted to learn that you liked our hotel, its ambiance and enjoyed overall services offered. It is our constant endeavor to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable stay with us and we as a team are committed to provide best of our services. I have shared your feedback with my team and they are extremely overwhelmed with the compliments.

I would also like to thank you for your detailed observation and recommendations. I have made note of the highlighted areas of improvement and assure you that we shall address the same whenever possible.

Thank you once again for your detailed and sincere feedback.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I would like to review the service and hospitality extended to my family,and myself during our stay at Hyatt place,Hampi.

It was excellent and no corner left for the hospitality.
We would like to thank all the staff, and the manager for their awesome hospitality.

cheers guys, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2014

Warm greetings from Hyatt Place Hampi.

I am delighted to learn that your family and you liked our hotel, its ambiance and enjoyed overall services offered. It is our constant endeavor to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable stay with us and we as a team are committed to provide best of our services. We are happy that we could render you an experience of true authentic hospitality

Thank you once again for your encouraging and sincere feedback.