Isabella Island is what you go to the Galapagos for and the Red Mangrove Lodge is a good place to stay. The rooms are excellent, the food adequate, and it is on a pretty beach which gives you access to something to do between the mandatory escorted tours/dive trips. There were sea lions that played in the water there with the swimmers. Park yourself here and don't bother with the other islands. Everything you want to do can be booked from here. Red Mangrove is amazingly organized with people coming and going all day to one thing or another. Just watch your gear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Beach Hotel, Iguanas, blue footed boobies, penguins at the beach ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Isabela Hotel
- Red Mangrove Hotel Isabela
- Redmangrove Galapagos Islands/Isabela - Puerto Villamil