“great island experience”
Review of Redmangrove

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Villamil
Redmangrove
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Puerto Villamil
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 February 2011

nice rustic hotel
perfect for this island
complained that there was not enough
food on the buffet the first night and did not have a problem
subsequent nights

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susanandeli

Reviewed 22 December 2010

The Red Mangrove Isabela Lodge was the location for 3 nights of my 8 day package booked through Red Mangrove. It was a really nice hotel with lovely rooms and a location on the beach. The food was terrific and even the packed lunches for day trips were good. When I was there, a guest was celebrating his birthday and the manager had organized a surprise cake, which made the occasion very special. I had the unfortunate experience of having my snorkel gear taken back to Santa Cruz, but the manager of Red Mangrove, Isabela went out of his way to make sure that I had gear for my next snorkelling trip. He also checked my drinks bill to make sure that an item which had been added was actually mine. Great attention to detail is shown by the manager and staff. My experience here was given the 'icing' by the people and again by the great guide provided by Red Mangrove. Gustavo was the absolute best and he added to my experience in many ways, but mainly in making me feel safe. A great experience and a great organization.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank christineandbruce
Reviewed 18 December 2010

The Red Mangrove property on Isabela Island is located right on a wonderful beach for sunning, swimming or just relaxing. The rooms are contemporary and spotlessly clean, very quiet and comfortable. The small restaurant serves meals buffet style, and all the food was good to excellent. The small bar serves up great drinks as well! The staff was wonderfully attentive and very focused on making sure your visit was memorable in the best possible ways. Internet service was not available during our stay, but that seemed to be a problem with the internet providers in the this rustic location, not the lodge itself.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MattAndMaren
Reviewed 8 December 2010

In late November/ early December 2010 I toured the Galapagos Islands with Friendly Planet on a tour called "Galapagos Island Hopper." It was Incredible!! The accommodations were all provided by Red Mangrove Resorts, and the Tour Manager Jimmy Solis couldn't have been more helpful. During my trip I had an unfortunate fall in Floreana and sprained my foot pretty badly. Jimmy did everything he could to help comfort me, including letting me stay in my room past check-out hours and made sure to have crutches waiting for me when I arrived in Isabela. The staff ordered a doctor to come see me at the hotel AND when I wasn't able to attend one of the tours they pampered me with ice packs and cervesas :) They also changed my room to make sure I was closest to the dining room so I wouldn't have to limp too far. To add to my dilemma, my suitcase completely busted open, but Jimmy made sure to tape it up really well so it made it back to the states just fine, and it did! My sister wanted to try surfing, and Jimmy went out of his way to find a surf shop where she could borrow a board. I've never had this type of personalized service in all of my travels (throughout the USA, Caribbean, Europe & South America). Even our tour guides not affiliated with Red Mangrove were outstanding (Jose Luis & Gustavo). All involved were very knowledgeable and fun...they made us feel like we were their friends, so we were able to approach them with any & all questions and not feel "dumb" or silly. Hands down one of the best adventures I've ever been on, despite my bad luck with injuries!!! Totally recommend & would love to go back!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank LaurenMags
Reviewed 8 December 2010

It is an amazing place to visit!! Very cozy, clean and very good service!!.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank QuitoPepe
Reviewed 4 December 2010

We booked an 8 night package with Red Mangrove, which allowed us to see all 4 of the inhabited islands including 2 nights in the lodge on Isabela. It was an amazing trip, and whilst at the time seemed like a lot of money, this is the galapagos - it's worth every cent. The best part about booking with Red Mangrove was the staff - all the hotel staff were extremely helpful, and our naturalist and diving guides were great.

The lodge in Isabela was very comfortable - the rooms are not 5 star, but comfortable and more than adequate for the stay - you don't come to the Galapagos to stay in-doors anyway!

The lodge is well located in Puerto Villamil - one afternoon we borrowed some bikes and were able to cruise around and see all of the town very easily (could have walked if we liked). It was the first night of opening the lodge bar while we were there so that was nice. The food they served was always fresh, tasty and plentiful. Best part of Isabela though is of course the wildlife - tons of sealions, marine iguanas, birds, a nice walk where we got to sea a heap of reef sharks resting in a little canal, and great diving.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mpwaide
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The rooms are right on the beach and the lodge is close to town. The restaurant food was wonderful! The staff is great and very friendly. Our guide Raphael made sure that everything went smooth for the week we were staying in the Galapagos. He is helpful and professional.

• Stayed: November 2010
#7 of 10 in Isabela
La Casa de Marita
La Casa de Marita
#2 of 6 in Puerto Villamil

Been to Redmangrove? Share your experiences!