We have just returned from six nights on Isabela Island the first two at Iguana Crossing. It is much more expensive than any other hotel by a long way and sure it looks good. The pool is lovely and so is the hot tub and the staff very friendly. However it was not in our view worth the significant extra money. The room had a balcony but the fly screen was rusted and hard to move, the curtain backing had perished in some areas which was very obvious early morning when the sun shone through. The beds were very comfortable and linen great and I could even put up with the shower timer but the toilet didn't flush well and needed several goes. Plus some other little issues such as remote batteries dead etc that were fixed quickly but still a hassle. Plus the food was pretty terrible. Overall not worth it the five times extra to stay - we moved to a $50 per night down the road and were very happy there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Crossing is Isabela's newest and most innovative hotel. Its minimalist design and superior service offer guests a privileged experience on this scarcely populated island. Iguana Crossing is located in between Isabela's extensive white sand beaches and directly behind a wildlife-filled lagoon. Iguana Crossing offers an oceanfront swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 12 fully equipped rooms and a master suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iguana Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Crossing Hotel Puerto Villamil
- Iguana Crossing Galapagos Islands/Isabela - Puerto Villamil