My daughter and I shared a room here as part of a ROW tour so were not really aware of the price of the room and meals. We had a first floor room overlooking the pool, and loved our view of the beach across the road. The AC was hard to control so we ended up turning it off at night and just enjoyed the sound of the ocean and the fresh air through the large balcony sliding door. It was hot but we were used to the heat by then. Everything was impeccably clean at the hotel, and fresh purified water was provided in our room every day. The breakfast buffet had lots of choices for vegetarians and omnivores alike, with a small omelet station, fresh tropical juices and fruits, interesting local specialties, etc. Lots of delicious fish choices at dinner, too.
The location of the hotel is wonderful because you can watch iguanas crossing the road from the front steps or lobby. The beach (and lots more iguanas) is just a few steps away. It's an easy walk into the small town if you want to try other restaurants or shop for a few necessities. And the bar has an amazing view of the ocean and sunset.
My only complaint was that there was only one place provided to dry wet swimsuits, wetsuits, and snorkel gear: a line in the shower. None of our stuff ever dried there, and we were asked not to leave anything on the balcony to dry (we did anyway overnight when we figured no one would see it.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Crossing is Isabela's newest and most innovative hotel. Its minimalist design and superior service offer guests a privileged experience on this scarcely populated island. Iguana Crossing is located in between Isabela's extensive white sand beaches and directly behind a wildlife-filled lagoon. Iguana Crossing offers an oceanfront swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 12 fully equipped rooms and a master suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Iguana Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Crossing Hotel Puerto Villamil
- Iguana Crossing Galapagos Islands/Isabela - Puerto Villamil