I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We happened to be on Isabela during a freak tsunami red alert (Chile had had a giant earthquake that the USGS thought might bring a tsunami our way; this is a very rare occurrence, and shouldn't deter anyone from going to the Galapagos!). I was, as one might imagine, extremely alarmed, but the hotel had an excellent emergency plan and evacuated us to the hotel owner's place up in the hills, where we would be safe. Furthermore, once we were there, they went to great lengths to assure our comfort, bringing sandwiches, cake(!), a whole lot of water, extra mosquito repellent, building a fire, and on and on and on. Their hospitality was extraordinary. Within five hours, the alert was lifted. There was no tsunami. We went back down to the beautiful hotel and enjoyed a few wonderful days of seeing animals. Would recommend this place with all my heart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Crossing is Isabela's newest and most innovative hotel. Its minimalist design and superior service offer guests a privileged experience on this scarcely populated island. Iguana Crossing is located in between Isabela's extensive white sand beaches and directly behind a wildlife-filled lagoon. Iguana Crossing offers an oceanfront swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 12 fully equipped rooms and a master suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iguana Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Crossing Hotel Puerto Villamil
- Iguana Crossing Galapagos Islands/Isabela - Puerto Villamil