I have no idea why this hotel is listed so low on tripadvisor - our stay from beginning to end was fantastic. I have read that they have undergone a change of management recently and maybe the older reviews are referring to this period of time.
When we arrived we were greeted warmly by a very helpful lady at reception who spoke very good English. She not only helped with our bags and explained everything, she also helped us with all tours and every need we had throughout our 3 night stay. All staff in fact were very sweet and helpful, even those who didn't speak any English.
The hotel itself has amazing views of the beach (as it is right on the beach!) and has large spacious rooms with big balconies and excellent air-conditioning. The location couldn't be better, it is on the beach and a 2 minute walk from all the restaurants and cafes - but no fear of noise disturbing your sleep, everything here closes by 9pm!
Isabella is a sleepy little town with few inhabitants and tourists - if you bump into people once you will see them over and over as there really are only 4 or 5 places to choose from to et at. We loved this little beach town feeling and made new friends. Our whole stay was fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future; in fact this would be the only place I would consider staying!
- The only reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that the breakfasts were not that great and there was some tidying needed to be done outside. Only small things though e.g. each room had new air-conditioning units and the boxes were still stacked outside. Apart from these niggles the place was perfect :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albemarle Hotel, spectacularly set right on Cuna del Sol Beach, is a Mediterranean-inspired house featuring a beautiful garden with swimming pool. Each of the large rooms has tiled floors, wood-beamed ceilings, a luxurious, marble-accented private bathroom and either sea or pool view. Other amenities include air conditioning, TV and free WiFi. The in-house tour desk can make your travel arrangements around Isabela and other Galapagos islands. The Albemarle Hotel has an excellent location in the heart of Puerto Villamil, a two-hour boat trip from Santa Cruz Island and three kilometers from General Villamil Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Albemarle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albemarle Hotel Isabela
- Hotel Albemarle Galapagos Islands/Isabela - Puerto Villamil