“Excellent”
Review of Clahar Dene

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruan Minor
Clahar Dene
Ranked #3 of 3 Ruan Minor B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Ali and Martin are amazing hosts and the place felt like heaven. We spent week all around Cornwall staying every single night somewhere else but this B&B was the top one. Room and bathroom were spot on clean, we have even received homemade shortbreads Ali baked and bathrobes which you sometimes do not get even in the hotels. The breakfast was amazing with fresh fruit and juices together with wide choice of cooked breakfast. The only thing we regretted was we could not have stayed for longer. Oh Ali's and Martin's dog is adorable by the way :-) if you want to have amazing stay in Lizard Point area this is definitely the place to stay in.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ipswich
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here for one night but wish we could have stayed longer. The room was fabulous and I could not fault it in any way. The bathroom was so tasteful and I could not believe the B&B had been open for 3 years as everything looked pristine.
Ali was so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was perfection itself and so filling that we didn't bother with lunch that day. Homemade shortbread was left in our room - very yummy!
Can't wait until we make a return trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobinandAliBullard
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after my friends wedding, it made a perfect weekend even better! Beautifully decorated, incredibly comfy bed, lots of lovely little touches that made it feel like a home from home. Fantastic breakfast this morning too. I left with a full tummy and house envy!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nicolahazell
Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

One of the loveliest B & B houses I've stayed in (when can I move in please?) with one of the loveliest, friendliest hosts I've met (Ali and Martin) She made me feel so comfortable and at home, even allowing me to stay curled up on their sofa one morning when the weather was really bad whilst she went out and I needed to catch my breath during my trip round Cornwall (in return I did move the dogs' bed to in front of the warm fire, it was the least I could do!) Very informative re local sights and places to visit (or not!) and good recommendations for places to eat and drink. Bedroom well stocked with hospitality tray including delicious biscuits made by Ali, fluffy towel robe, local magazines and papers, and toiletries in the bathroom. Can be a bit hard to find (they had to take the sign down due to high wind) its opposite the side entrance to the school, set back down long garden.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Kingsize room (beautifully & tastefully decorated as is the rest of the house...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank NikiB5382
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Beautiful property with extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful owners (Ali & Martin) and breakfast was to die for!
In a great location just a short scenic walk from the lovely Cadgwith Cove and other beaches. All the locals are very friendly and more then happy to point you in the right direction.

Really would recommend as so do many others on trip advisor. Just a great few days away, in a great property

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steffie_11
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I chose Clahar Dene because of the positive feedback from Tripadvisor. Martin and Ali made us feel at home and we enjoyed the relaxed and friendly atmosphere.I think Clahar Dene is excellent value which included a hearty full english breakfast which set us up for the rest of the day. This B&B is in a good location for Cadgwith Cove and the coastal path; we walked to the Lizard and was able to get the bus back to Ruan Minor. I found this part of Cornwall an area of remote outstanding natural beauty with amazing land and seascapes.We booked originally for 3 nights but extended our stay for further night. I would throughly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul D
england
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Ali and Martin were excellent hosts. Very jolly and friendly with lots of tips for increasing our enjoyment of the area. Rooms were smart and comfortable. Homemade biscuits were outstanding. The walk back from the Cove is steep but after a super pub supper a very good idea! Breakfast was excellent, beautifully cooked and presented by Martin. I would recommend the Pasties made a few houses away, fresh each day, great for picnic on the Coastal path - our hosts sorted them for us.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 2 in Cadgwith
Chyheira
Chyheira
#1 of 3 in Ruan Minor

Been to Clahar Dene? Share your experiences!