“Excellent stay, didn't want to leave”
Review of Lanes Hotel

Lanes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Coker
“Excellent stay, didn't want to leave”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Second stay here and was not disappointed, my stay exceeded my expectations. I stayed one night and had breakfast the following morning. Did not eat dinner on this occasion as I had already eaten earlier in the day. I had a complimentary mini bar in my room and iphone docking which was lovely touch. The bathroom was luxury and products provided very good quality. The hotel is very modern and finished to a high standard, very informal and friendly staff on hand to help and serve. Parking right outside and suitable for families, tourists and business people.
I had a great nights sleep and a great breakfast which consisted of fresh coffee and local produce. Wish I could stay longer to enjoy the facilities at the hotel.

Room Tip: Not sure about mobility as I did not see a lift, but ask at reception when you book. My room overloo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Harrycrac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Belfast
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I stay in a lot of hotels and this one is the best I know of. I happily travel out of my way to stay hear, every aspect and detail is thought about and delivered to and excellent standard. The quality of the rooms is exceptional, the staff are polite and friendly, the atmosphere is warm and hospitable. The food in the evening is beyond what you would normally expect ( though maybe a little too complicated sometimes ) and the breakfasts are a pleasure. I am very much looking forward to my next stay at Lanes.

Room Tip: They're all great
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank PRR79
Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Lanes really met all our expectations and more. Our room was located in the interesting complex adjacent to the main building. The room was very tastefully decorated and had modern amenities. Bathroom was excellent and shower had plenty of hot water pressure. The entire complex was immaculate and our room was no exception. It had the feel of a high quality boutique hotel. Loved the complimentary snacks.
The main building houses reception (just a small desk), bar/lounge area, dining room, and recreation room. Decor in this building was stylish and had an upscale ambiance. The host was all business; however, she was very attentive and effective. She also arranged for our dinner and took our order. The entire staff was helpful.
Dinner was exceptional. I am not a big fan of the food in the UK but I think I'm coming around thanks to Lanes. The homemade bread was a nice touch and the steak was tender and flavorful. Everything we ordered was delicious and we left sated.
My only complaint was the baby crying next door to our room. This was not the Hotel's fault and when I brought it to their attention, they quickly found me a replacement room further down the hall. I give credit to the staff for the quick changeover, especially when I have heard horror stories about other less attentive hotels.
I wish my wife and I could have stayed in this area longer but as usual, we had over planned our vacation. Try to spend a few nights at Lanes and use all their facilities (spa, gym, pool, rec. room, and lounge). From what I have read, there are nice paths and forests in the area to explore.
All in all, Lanes was a great find. I insist you try them yourself if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Book early for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Stoked-On-Spokes
Oxford
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We booked this hotel for my birthday. It was as good as the pictures on the website, believe me. It felt like the owners had traveled the world and selected all the things that make guests happy. First off 'clean' is the keyword at Lanes but the free mini bar is wonderful - who ever heard of that? Then there are the highly trained, professional staff, the ambiance of the place, the Saturday night pianist who was brilliant, the pygmy goats in the garden and the Spa run by Paula who does probably the best treatments I've ever had. Would I recommend it? Yes. I just wish there was a Lanes in every part of the country but this is privately run and that's what makes it so special. Ideal for Dorset, Lyme Regis, Chesil Beach etc.....oh, just go and find out for yourselves!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one overlooking the village
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank whiterabbitoxford
somerset
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I have been fortunate enough to stay in some pretty swanky hotels and Lanes Hotel at West Coker certainly competes with the best of them.
The building is beautiful and tastefully finished with colours and patterns chosen well with a seamless mixture of old and new.
Access was easy with our apartments being on the ground floor and accessible from the front and gardens.
The spa was relaxing and the staff professional and knowledgeable which made for a second to none spa experience.
The evening meal and breakfast food was rich, delicious, creative and filling and the dinner staff were attentive and friendly.
It's great to find a medium sized hotel that genuinely competes with the big boys. The website does not do it justice.
The party were relaxed, happy and comfortable and had no complaints other than the fact that we had to go home!
Thank you to all the staff for making our Lanes experience first class, we will certainly return.

Room Tip: The apartments are great for groups. Excellent facilities and lots of brilliant little details such...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank fayefindlaycooper
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed in the penthouse suite - this was our second visit to Lanes and I found it even better then the first time! We were greeted on arrival and shown up to our room where my husband proceeded to make use of the free mini bar and settled down on the leather sofa with a bottle of beer and a pack of peanuts in front of the tv and said 'remind me why we don't come here more often?'. The room is spacious with a large bed seating area with table and a desk but the real treat is the bathroom. A sublime roll top bath in the middle of a crisp white tiled room with separate power shower - relaxation heaven. We didn't make use of the spa facilities as we didn't really venture further then our room but if the service was anything to go by then I'm sure it's fantastic. We went down for dinner in the main restaurant - it is a bright and airy place (not too crowded with tables which is a joy to see) and the food is delicious. My husband went for haddock to start with ox cheek for main and was impressed with the amount of meat on the plate 'I expected a slither of meat on top of a dollop of potato - but look how much meat there is! Mmmm Meat'. I had the Veal which was spectacular and I would recommend to anyone. The desert was a bit of a let down to me as I am not accustomed to having creme brûlée served cold?! But this was only a minor complaint to an otherwise fantastic stay at Lanes. Great job again guys will be back soon!

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank Elliottsmommy
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Lanes hotel is very friendly, comfortable rooms with complimentry mini bar lovely gardens and good food. This was our second visit and we were not dissappointed. The food is very good too. We look forward to our next visit. It's in a lovely part of the country with plenty to see and do.

Room Tip: we were all in the new block and all rooms were good.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
#10 of 13 in Yeovil
Summer Lodge
Summer Lodge
#1 of 2 in Evershot

Been to Lanes Hotel? Share your experiences!