“A return after quite some time - and not disappointed”
Review of Lanes Hotel

Lanes Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Coker
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Been a while - but I had a welcome return to this quirky hotel recently - and it didn't disappont. Staff as friendy as ever, rooms as comfortable and stay as enjoyable. I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone in the area.
Rooms have DVD players, ipod docks, internet connection ...everything you'd expect from a top class hotel!
Since my last stay you can also borrow wellies and a jackets - so no excuse not to brave the great outdoors.

Room Tip: My personal preference is for rooms in the old building rather than 'next door' - but having...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank LincsPauline

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I don't see a better chioce for a business short stay at Yeovil.
For the same rate you can't find anything better.
Gym is really appreciated.
Rooms are big and clean. Wifi is free. Restourant is to be considered.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Pietro P
Reviewed 28 November 2013

West Coker is a charming village and the hotel looks in keeping but once inside you realise that it has been totally gutted leaving a very pleasant but modern interior. Some new builds can look stark but this has been designed and furnished by someone who has taste. The room and bathroom were quiet large with plenty of space. Outside it is well situated in the village and has a large car park. The restaurant was very pleasant and the food was good at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Duvant
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in, and such reasonable prices! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, and they were more than happy to help with anything, they even made me my very own ice pack for my injury as I had been playing sport that day! The room size for a standard room was amazing, so spacious, and with a free mini bar as well! I have never had that before, usually they cost a fortune! There was also a tea and coffee machine located on the landing (as well as the tea and coffee facilities in the bedroom) and this was completely free as well, which was definitely a bonus!

The Jacuzzi and sauna were lovely, and the gym had everything you needed, and some really good gym equipment in there. Also there was free bottled water available which was an added touch.

The restaurant was lovely; we had dinner in there and a roast the next day. The food was delicious, and particularly enjoyed the mulled cider!

I really couldn't fault this hotel. The value of it is amazing, and I have been to many 4 star hotels which are nothing compared to this one!

Will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harriet J
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel and grounds, loved the idea of the goats in the garden.
We arrived after a long journey rather early 10am we knew the room wouldn't be ready but we was welcomed and shown into the lounge and served promptly with tea & coffee. Nice big tv & play station lots of DVDs and games & books for the children and a pool table.
The room it's self was lovely and airy, unfortunately the mattress was very uncomfortable and I did find some hairs in the bed. Apart from that couldn't fault anything else. Lovely breakfast

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 8 November 2013

As a Crewkernian, I have driven past Lanes many times but had never been there. A lady I had to interview suggested we meet there for coffee today, I was unaware you could just have coffee or tea there but now I have been, I can definitely recommend the service.
A pot of tea may seem an innocuous thing to judge a place by but in my experience it can actually tell you a great deal.
I was well greeted when I entered, at this point still unaware if I could take tea there and offered a coffee straight away. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly, the interior is smart and modern.
I was delighted when my cup arrived with an obviously home made biscuit on the saucer which was a chocolate cookie, not as rich as it appeared, totally delicious,melted in the mouth, "a beautiful bake" to quote The Great British Bake Off. The tea was an excellent flavour, despite being in a steel pot which poured well (can't stand pots that dribble).
This small morsel would incline me to think the quality of cooking was good and encourage me to try something further in the future,I read the tapas menu it looks interesting and reasonable at £2.50.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marion D
Reviewed 20 October 2013

smart stylish rooms with complementary drinks and snacks a nice touch, cool reception area and bar, great restaurant and very friendly staff, nothing was to much trouble and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.
Good value too

#1 of 2 in Ilchester
Northover Manor Hotel
Northover Manor Hotel
#2 of 2 in Ilchester

Been to Lanes Hotel? Share your experiences!