Had been here with friends a few years back and had been very impressed. Staying locally I decided to take my partner and her daughter there for a Sunday lunch treat. The starters were pretty good and I was looking forward to the rest of our fixed price lunch. What was served was grim. I had the mixed roast; dry, overcooked meat, hard roast potatoes and the doughiest, most unappealing Yorkshire I've ever eaten. I didn't complain as it can leave a sour taste, unfortunately that was exactly what my partner's daughter had when she tucked into her dessert; very "off" marscapone. I took it back. Apologies and promises that it would be dealt with were made but at that point I just wanted "out."
Very poor value for money and would definitely not return; interestingly the place was deserted when I went in to settle up; not how I remembered it last time; amazing how much a place can change.Sad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An historic 15th century inn at the heart of an idyllic conservation village only three miles from Yeovil. Award-winning food, real ales and over 40 wines by the glass. Large garden, car park and traditional skittle alley. We also provide dining onsite for up to 85 guests in the pub and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, SpeedyBooker.com and Priceline so you can book your The Helyar Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Helyar Arms Hotel East Coker
- Helyar Arms Yeovil
- Helyar Arms Hotel Yeovil
- The Helyar Arms East Coker, Somerset