We stayed here for a Friday and Saturday evening with an internet voucher. The Helyar Arms is a lovely old pub in a picturesque village three miles south of Yeovil. There are nice walks around the village and the church, with a memorial and the ashes of T.S. Eliot, is interesting.
There is a good atmosphere in the pub and decent beer, it's not just an "eating place".The room, Lych Gate was fine with a nice view down the village. Included in the "deal" was a meal on one of the nights and the food was excellent all three courses, particularly the desserts.
Breakfast food was also good although the process seemed a bit disorganised. Staff were friendly and we would happily stay here again. N.b. check-in when pub opens at 6.00.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An historic 15th century inn at the heart of an idyllic conservation village only three miles from Yeovil. Award-winning food, real ales and over 40 wines by the glass. Large garden, car park and traditional skittle alley. We also provide dining onsite for up to 85 guests in the pub and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, SpeedyBooker.com and Priceline so you can book your The Helyar Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Helyar Arms Hotel East Coker
- Helyar Arms Yeovil
- Helyar Arms Hotel Yeovil
- The Helyar Arms East Coker, Somerset