This was the single worst B&B or hotel that we have ever had the misfortune of staying at. What should have been a lovely overnight stay was an unmitigated nightmare.
Below is a summary of some of the reasons why:
1. Overflowing sewage - the very first thing my feet hit when leaving our car in the B&B car park.
2. Filthy throughout the B&B - communal areas covered in a thick layer of dog hair; pervading musky smell throughout.
3. Filthy, non-functional room - shower hanging off the wall; tv not working; sheets so dirty I slept fully clothed in the hottest week of the year.
4. Bodily fluid on towel - the towels actually looked clean (a minor miracle given the context)...but on closer inspection, the towels were graced with crusty patches of god knows what.
5. Rude, unwelcoming, terrible service - rude throughout our stay, and when complained about the above we were met with a single 'sorry' and nothing more. Nowhere near good enough.
We can't comment on the food - having seen the state of the B&B we had no intention of eating in the pub.
However, quite simply, do not stay here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., LateRooms, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mildmay Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mildmay Arms Hotel Queen Camel
- Mildmay Arms Queen Camel, Somerset, UK