“could do better”
Review of Mildmay Arms

Mildmay Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Queen Camel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2010

stayed overnight at accommodation attending local wedding with family also friends had other room at pub, initial dealings with owner/s very good, friendly and welcoming to us, as they did make an effort to let us in at 8 o'clock after an early travel. our other party found them a bit distant. My wife and I had double room en-suite and teenage boys share double next door, Our room was quite large, decoration reasonable, shower room needed updating, bit grubby. Boys room to roughly same standard.
unfortunately was let down by a couple of things, breakfast was very dull, just toast and pastries quite dry and cold, tea coffee was D I Y in room, did have selection of cereals. breakfast brought to door and left. No option of cooked breakfast, or to eat in restaurant downstairs.
also the corridor outside rooms shared with owners flat smelt strongly of cigarette smoke which was unpleasant,
We paid £55 pounds for en-suite and £45 for double, rates would be better appreciated if a pleasant breakfast was offered, and owners were a little more bothered with their guests. We ended up down the road at the Sparkford inn for breakfast, which was offering a full selection of fare, for £6.50 and £57 B & B, a better atmosphere with owners and staff warm and welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
SomersetSkye, Owner at Mildmay Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2010

The Mildmay Arms is a small establishment with a small team; for this reason, we are not able to offer Full English Breakfast and offer Continental Breakfast as an alternative. We do make it clear that the price of £55.00 includes Continental Breakfast on our website. The price is per room, which can sleep three, rather than per person and so, with full occupancy, the price is £18.33 per person including Continental Breakfast.

I personally prepare the Continental Breakfast which consists of a good selection of cereals with a jug of fresh milk, orange juice, butter, jam and marmalade, fresh toast, croissants and pain au chocolat. I ensure that the toast, croissants and pain au chocolat are piping hot and delivered to the door at the requested time, however early that may be. I knock on the door to signal that breakfast has arrived. When the breakfast is actually collected and eaten may result in the hot toast and pastries becoming cold and dry.

Unfortunately, the smoking ban requires people to smoke outside. The window on the landing is always wide open in the summer months hence the smell of smoke in the corridor above that has been mentioned in another review. I appreciate this being brought to my attention and will take steps to remedy this.

Our rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day and personally checked my me.

We pride ourselves, and have the reputation for, ensuring our guests are well looked after and we always go the extra mile to ensure that this is the case. If any guest has an issue and communicates it to me at the time, I address it personally and do everything in my power to resolve it promptly.

As The Mildmay Arms motto says: “A WARM WELCOME AND GREAT HOSPITALITY GUARANTEED”

Reviewed 12 August 2008

A Super traditional pub,just off the A303, with great food, try the crab cake & a gorgeous relish!! & rooms at a good price £70 for a double en-suite.
Very friendly & hospitable hosts.
Been several times on route to & from friends in Devon from Guildford Surrey

6 mi away
The Green Room
The Green Room
#14 of 29 in Yeovil

Been to Mildmay Arms? Share your experiences!