“An Excellent B & B”
Review of Church Farm Barn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Podimore
Church Farm Barn
Ranked #1 of 1 Podimore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2013

A wonderful overnight stay at Church Farm Barn whilst visiting the nearbye Fleet Air Arm Museum. The ensuite room was spacious, exceptionally clean, simply but tastefully decorated and Heather made us fell very welcome, providing tea/coffee and homemade cake on our arrival. Surprisingly the local pubs are very busy with meals in the evenings but Heather suggested various ones and had menus available for us to see and Heather booked a table for us to ensure we got in. The whole barn conversion is really nice and could have starred on Grand Designs. Breakfast in the morning was served in a splendid almost baronial dining room and was excellent with homemade or locally produced food. We will have to find a reason to be in the area and stay again.

Room Tip: Both rooms are excellent the difficult choice is do you want a walk in shower or jacuzi bath
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith P

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Just returned from a idyllic birthday break at Church Farm Barn. Couldn't have asked for a more stunning location and a heart felt welcome! Heather and Dave pulled out all the stops with homemade breakfast and finishing touches (including birthday muffins and candles!) The Walnut Room was immaculate and the hatch overlooking the traditional dining room was beautiful. I wish I could pick the barn up and move in! I didn't want to come home, a big thankyou!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lauramarriott
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I am writing this review on behalf of my parents wo had an amazing stay shurch farm B&B. They recieved a warm welcome from Heather before being shown to their spacious , exceptionally clean and tastefully decorated room with a walk in bathroom. The building is a barn conversion with its original stone which is really nice and gives this b&b a tradtional edge. As for location, Church Farm is ideally situated just off the A303 and is ten minutes away from the centre of Yeovil. There are plenty of local pubs and restuarants nearby alll which have a real country feel (menus are availible at the b&b) and can be booked through the host. Almost forgot to mention that the breakfast is top class, using local produce as well as offering a vast selection of fresh fruit and pastries, you will not be disappointed (having sampled the breakfast first hand!) All in all my parents had a great stay, consistantly commenting on the level of service offered by Heather and for the country experience as Church farm is also a full functioning farm. They would definitely look nowhere else next time they are in Somerset.

Room Tip: Walnut bedroom is very spacious!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This b&b is better than any hotel. Beautifully finished, comfortable, spacious,luxurious, friendly and great breakfast. All in all i had real house envy. All minor touches make it perfect: good towels, very comfortable bed, good sized mugs, and bath robe to boot. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed her on our wedding night, 6 april 2013. Brilliant rooms, service and heather was so lovely. The whole building itself is beautiful and so much attention and love has gone in to decorating the rooms.

I was welcomed to leave my car and drop off a bag the day before and when we arrived after our wedding, we were greeted with a banner, rose petals and a bottle of bubbley. such lovely touches!

The breakfast the next day was brilliant and had everything you could imagine, fruit salads, smoothies, youghurts, toast, cereal and then you could also choose from a menu. We opted for the full english and it was so delicious.

The place is a credit to the family and I will definately point people in their direction if i have visitors staying in the local area!.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Hubs and I decided on a spontaneous mini break and he found this place.
No words describe how taken aback we were when we arrived. The barn itself is beautiful, and the rooms, well, were can I start?
Attention to detail is key and Heather has thought of just everything, even down to fresh milk in the fridge for tea in your room.
Breakfast was first class, I sampled the scrambled eggs on both mornings and they were lush made from fresh eggs from their hens. Hubs had the full English and didn't eat for the rest of the day which is very unlike him.
Heather and her family are just lovely, so friendly and welcoming and when we left I rather felt that we had gained new friends.
We will be returning if only to sample breakfast!!!
I very highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: I can't because they are both gorgeous!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have stayed at a good number of four and five star hotels, but in terms of the quality of the rooms, the warmth of the reception, and the superb breakfast (I had a fantastic full english but there were many other choices) this B&B was right up there with the best of them.

I would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank madmikeb

Been to Church Farm Barn? Share your experiences!