This is a very popular venue, we arrived at 7.30 and there was a queue for tables, having said that as there was only two of us we jumped the queue to sit in the corner of the Inn.
I visit here a couple of times a year, and normally order the same dish, but tonight I decided to have the chicken breast with bacon, cream cheese in a white wine sauce. It was divine. Their main courses are very large so no room for a pudding. And those around us were mainly only going for the one course too. Ended the evening with tea and coffee and a piece of fudge which was a lovely finishing touch. I have also been here at 3.00 in the afternoon and it is great to have the same standard of food throughout the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Half Moon Inn & Country Lodge is located just 2 miles from Yeovil and Penmill train station, in rural surroundings on the Somerset and Dorset borders.Our home made faye is available ALL Day EVERY day from 12 noon, and we are famous for miles around , for quality and quantity! The ensuite rooms have been awarded three stars by the AA. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Half Moon Inn And Country Lodge
- Half Moon Inn & Country Hotel Mudford
- Half Moon Hotel Country
- Half Moon Inn & Country Lodge Mudford, Somerset