The Walnut Tree Hotel & Restaurant
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$56
Travelodge
US$119
US$91
The Ilchester Arms Hotel(Ilchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
The Preston Bed & Breakfast(Yeovil)(Great Value!)
US$70
The Manor(Yeovil)
US$87
US$125
Priceline
All reviewsbar menuservice was friendly and efficienthaynes motor museumexcellent foodroom was beautifully decoratedroast lambset us up for the dayrisottocountry pubcooked to perfectionfleet air arm museumhigh standarda wonderful staylovely placenice lunchquiet locationcomfortable hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stay away 2 or 3 nights a week around the country and this was my 1st time here at TheWalnut Tree Hotel. On arrival you are greeted by the friendly owners, the room was in excellent condition, lovely decor and immaculately clean. The food was probably the best I've ever had at any hotel, everything was home made and piping hot, bread and butter pudding is a must... Breakfast was just of equal quality...Anyone visiting this area you must try this hotel as I'm sure you won't be disappointed I will most certainly be coming back...If I could pick any fault it would be the shower water pressure was a little low but otherwise exceptional...
Well done all at The Walnut Tree Hotel...

Room Tip: Room 9 was very nice and quiet..
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Yet again another few nights stay at this great 1st class place , fabulous tasty food to eat
your well looked after by very friendly staff
Good size rooms and plenty of Hot water
Deffo be back again soon, makes working away a real treat
But dont tell your boss that

Well done Walnut Tree :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We went to The Walnut Tree to celebrate a family birthday. There was a group of us but we were made to feel so welcome. From the time we arrived to the time we left everyone at the hotel looked after us.We had a gorgeous room with a great raindrop shower( did not want to get out). Our evening meal in the main restaurant was worthy of a Michelin star and the staff could not do enough to look after us. The hotel has a comfy bar, great gardens and all round homely atmosphere. We will definitely be going there again!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My parents,partner and I went to the Walnut Tree last Sunday 2/12/12 for my Father's birthday lunch. We actually go here quite often.
Once again the food was fabulous and the staff and service incomparable. First Class all round.

We strongly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This is a pub come hotel with some fabulous rooms complete with four poster beds modern bathroom and generally cosy feeling. I was only here for one night but the food was tasty the deserts to die for, the chocolate desert I had was soooo chocolatey that anymore than the portion served and you would be sick lol. The hotel staff were incredibly friendly and offered a great service. If I ever find myself in this area again I would certainly stop here. The only negative I can think of is you would definitely require a sat nav to find the hotel as there are no signs from the main road.
Would I stay here again? Yes please :0)

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business