Have eaten here twice recently with friends, first visit was lovely and service excellent.
Second visit was a bit different... Friend was frowned at by owner for not parking correctly and then once my friend politely replied was scoffed at again by the owner in front of other diners! We were eating a full meal with two very young infants so basically inconvenient especially as she had to leave her child to move the vehicle which actually posed no obstacle for other cars and wasn't at all in the way. Then the owner made another scoffing comment to the waitress about informing us of information on the menu which made us uncomfortable. Owner perhaps needs to lighten up a bit?! Otherwise food good and reasonably priced and love the decor. Shame about second visit. Perhaps we went on a bad day second time...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Kings Arms, Montacute. Nestling in the shadows of the village church and literally just a stone’s throw away from the National Trust’s Montacute House, the 17th century Kings Arms Inn has an idyllic setting with a bar, lots of comfy sofas, a restaurant and 15 letting rooms. Now under new ownership from February 2013, we are ready to put our stamp on this beautiful building. We look forward to welcoming customers old and new. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), Book Direct Rooms and Agoda so you can book your The Kings Arms Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kings Arms Hotel Montacute
- The Kings Arms Inn Montacute, Somerset