“Trip down memory lane.”

Montacute TV Radio Toy Museum
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Montacute
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Great to see all the toys we remembered from ours and our children's childhood, a good trip down memory lane. The halloween attractions were fun. Lots to see. However, the entry fee is a bit steep.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"exhibits"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Visited today with my 2 sons aged 6 and 8, have to say i was very disappointed. My youngest is mad on Dr who and was so looking forward to the Dr who bit. We never got to the Dr Who bit cause due to the cramped conditions and closeness of the figures both my children were totally freaked out and we had to get them out screaming and crying their eyes out. So feeling a bit annoyed at paying £25 for someones messy shed and a total visit of not even 5 mins. Admittedly the Halloween figures didnt help but even without those the collection would probably have terrified my children too

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Halloween additions meant our 8 year old was too scared to see it all. I found it a bit creepy too! And it isn't big, especially for £25 for 4 of us. Was more of a wierd collection than a museum. Brought back some memories though.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

This is a gem of a museum and for anyone who remembers the classic shows such as The Saint, The Invisible Man and Bonanza it takes you back through the timewarp and fond memories. The museum is in a shed type structure and has clearly been built on numerous times, it could do with a good dust and airing although the vintage rustic feel does add a bit to the ambience. A tad over priced for you will only spend an hour or so here. We also visited the tea room which was lovely and the toasties are recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I picked up a brochure in a Bridgwater Hotel, checked that the Museum was open and set off. When I arrived a family and small child were leaving as the Museum was closed, my son and I waited in case it was just late opening. I called the number but was told that sometimes they decide not to open on certain days even during school holidays. I pointed out that it didn't say that in the brochure but the reaction was to blame me for 'not checking by phone'. Very poor show, terrible attitude, waste of time, which is important during holiday time with your kids.

monta1, Owner at Montacute TV Radio Toy Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your comments. Sorry for your disappointment. However, our brochure clearly states to check our website or contact us to confirm opening times. I am sorry to have to contradict but you clearly you did not check our website or phone to confirm that we were open before setting out on your journey. Had you done so you would have found that we were not open that day.