Well where to start, I found this beautiful B and B after rejecting a few others, it was to be a surprise for my husbands Birthday/ Retirement.
Contacted Nettie who came back to me really quickly and so I booked 3 nights, on arrival we were shown our room ( Hazelwood ) and invited down to the parlour once we had settled, the room is just stunning with a lovely view over miles of fields, everything was spotlessly clean and your every need catered for.
We ventured downstairs to the parlour which is really lovely and cosy, and within minutes Nettie came through with a tray loaded with tea and an enormous chocolate cake with candles lit for Mike's Birthday, just little things like this make such a difference, we sat and enjoyed the tea and cake and returned to our lovely room to unpack,it was then I noticed an ice bucket containing a lovely bottle of fizz, and 2 glasses what a lovely touch, there are thick towelling robes for your use should you want them,we unpacked and looked through the folder for places to eat, and both places we ate at we're really nice, good food, good value and warm welcomes at The Durham Ox in the village ( ate there twice ) and also at The White Bear at Stillington where the steak pie is just lovely, tender meat with a good flavour.
We came back and settled for the night, had a good nights sleep every night, it is so quiet and because all the furnishings are top quality ( beautiful thick lined curtains ) also blinds which you actually don't need to use as the curtains do their job to perfection blocking out ALL light.
The next morning we experienced one of the best power showers we have ever used, down to breakfast which s served until 09:45 each day so no rushing about first thing which is just what you want when you're having a break from normality, there is everything you could want on the sideboard from cereals, fruit breads, muesli, croissants, fresh fruit salad, juices yoghurts, etc etc............. You can also ave porridge, and Netties full Yorkshire breakfast which is just so filling we couldn't eat anything until the evening as we were stuffed.
I know I have gone on and on but we have only ever stayed at 2 other places ( in Scotland ) where we cannot wait to go back as we know what to expect, lovely spotlessly clean rooms, wonderful breakfast but more importantly a warm welcome,WELL DONE NETTIE many many thanks for making our little break so exceptional, we will be back, oh I almost forgot they also have an absolutely beautiful black Labrador called Riley, the best behaved dog we have ever met, big snogs Riley xxxxxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury farmhouse B&B situated on the first rise from the Vale of York and within walking distance of the stunning village of Crayke in an area steeped in history. Breathtaking and uninterrupted views across farmland to York. All bedrooms are south facing, en suite and furnished to a high standard. South facing garden and terrace. Full and hearty Yorkshire breakfast served every morning. Guest parlour to relax in. Close to York, Thirsk, the North Yorkshire Moors, and within easy reach of the Yorkshire Dales and East Coast. Perfect cycling and walking from the door. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hazelwood Farm Bed And Breakfast
- Hazelwood Farm Hotel Crayke
- Hazelwood Farm Bed & Breakfast Crayke, Yorkshire