Having read the previous 110 reviews (with all receiving 5 stars) you wonder what makes this place different from other B&B's. From the first few minutes there when all you can hear is silence, until the last when you are waved goodbye by Nettie...you realise that you have been somewhere special.
To fill in the gaps, the location is simply stunning. The views from our room (the Hazelwood Room) were just lovely. Luckily, we did have the best weather of the year also, but seeing the rolling fog along the Vale of York was quite something too.
The room was clean and tidy every day, with Nettie's added touch of homemade biscuits in the room. The bathroom had everything you would need and was also very clean. The huge bed was very comfortable also. The simple things like being able to have the window open at bedtime but not hear a single sound from the outside world, not even a distant road, is something you do notice.
The breakfast was also top notch. Nettie was ill for the first two days of our stay, but her stand-in, Eamonn, did a fantastic job and well worthy of Nettie's high standards. No request is too much bother, or even if you don't request at all. I'm not a keen egg lover, so my lack of egg was replaced by more bacon and sausages with no prompting from me!
Nettie and Eamonn's conversation and tips were very amusing but professional and never obtrusive. They really are a credit to their trade and have made their home such a fabulous place to stay. Needless to say, like many others, we're planning our next stay already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury farmhouse B&B situated on the first rise from the Vale of York and within walking distance of the stunning village of Crayke in an area steeped in history. Breathtaking and uninterrupted views across farmland to York. All bedrooms are south facing, en suite and furnished to a high standard. South facing garden and terrace. Full and hearty Yorkshire breakfast served every morning. Guest parlour to relax in. Close to York, Thirsk, the North Yorkshire Moors, and within easy reach of the Yorkshire Dales and East Coast. Perfect cycling and walking from the door. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hazelwood Farm Bed And Breakfast
- Hazelwood Farm Hotel Crayke
- Hazelwood Farm Bed & Breakfast Crayke, Yorkshire