This is such a gem I don't like telling other people about it but it should remain our secret, however whether you are visiting the York area, North Yorkshire Moors & Coast or simply wanting a break then you will not find a better B & B than Hazelwood. From when you first arrive, Nettie is the perfect host with tea and buns/cake in the parlour. The bedrooms are very clean and the beds allow you to have good nights sleep, The bedrooms have wonderful views. At breakfast again Nettie is the attentive host with a breakfast that sets you up for the day whether it's a full or light breakfast with the eggs freshly laid that morning from their own hens.
I could go on and on but if you have read all the other reviews then I can only endorse what they say. Having stayed at Hazelwood many times you run out of superlatives to say about it and Nettie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury farmhouse B&B situated on the first rise from the Vale of York and within walking distance of the stunning village of Crayke in an area steeped in history. Breathtaking and uninterrupted views across farmland to York. All bedrooms are south facing, en suite and furnished to a high standard. South facing garden and terrace. Full and hearty Yorkshire breakfast served every morning. Guest parlour to relax in. Close to York, Thirsk, the North Yorkshire Moors, and within easy reach of the Yorkshire Dales and East Coast. Perfect cycling and walking from the door. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hazelwood Farm Bed And Breakfast
- Hazelwood Farm Hotel Crayke
- Hazelwood Farm Bed & Breakfast Crayke, Yorkshire