“Peaceful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carr House Farm Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ampleforth
Carr House Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Ampleforth B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Carr House Farm is a wonderful B&B, situated in a fantastic location which allows you to believe you've found a perfect hide-away, while still being a few miles away from two villages. Anna is a wonderful host who welcomes you and cooks a wonderful breakfast!! I would recommend this well kept B&B to everyone!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

This is the acme of B&Bs : Anna welcomes you into her house with a warm sense of humor, and makes you feel right at home.
The rooms are comfortable and quirky and the breakfasts are good and plentiful. The scrambled eggs and salmon are fresh and perfectly cooked.
The kids also loved visiting the gun dog puppies. My address of choice in the area.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank AlmostHome5
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

" My daughter ad myself enjoy very much our last WE in the Carr House Farm.
We have now come a numerous of time (4 th time) and we are delighted by each of our stay and our welcoming in our warm cottage room.
Again our hearths were fulfilled by the privacy, the atmosphere, the different attentions that Anna gave us, those have reach once more our soul. (Birthday present, home made cookies for the 5 O'clock tea, ….;)
These attentions were completed by a very generous sunday breakfast, almost a brunch and a history lecture of the territory of Ampleforth.
We loved also to see Jack teaching his numerous hunting dogs in the North Yorkshire landscape."
"It so seldom that you can find such real scenery and real people as Anna & Jack."
I wish all of you to stay and enjoy the beautifull pure scenery and atmosphere at the Carr House Farm.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Needing a couple of nights 'me time' away from 'the Captain and little K' post-Christmas I came across Carr House Farm, close enough to home (an hour away if you wiggle around the lanes a lot!) not to be too taxing a drive, but far enough that I felt I was really on holiday. Delightful stone farm house with those amazingly huge flagstones and oodles of North Yorkshire character in every nook & cranny where guests take breakfast in front of a proper big fire (living room) or huge log burner (dining room) the like of which us townies only dream of, while watching the myriad garden birds peck their fill before the cat sneaks up! My room was sheer joy, massive four-poster bed with the thickest mattress, duvet and beautiful old-fashioned eiderdown that made me wish it was colder so I could snuggle up in every available layer and not move 'til spring, and that would have been very easy, believe me! The room I was in is wonderfully spacious and warm, with, apart from the four-poster, a separate sofa/day-bed, comfortable chair and an enormous bathroom. Although furnished with antiques, all mod cons are provided and an ample supply of tea & coffee and a daily home-baked delight waiting for you in your room every afternoon, not just on arrival! I felt very at home, kicking my feet up every evening and lounging in my jammies with a good book in peace, quiet and warmth. Breakfast is delicious (especially the sausages!) and as generous as you could wish for - an excellent set-up for a days exploring. The hosts Anna & Jack are so welcoming, with so many suggestions of places to go and things to see & do, especially relating to Yorkshire Food (a particular passion with Anna, who is an excellent cook). I thought I knew North Yorkshire quite well, but I don't have the native knowledge like they do! It's useful to have a car, but there's a good bus service through nearby Ampleforth which can take you to the bigger nearby towns, I think this may well turn in to my annual get-away, & I can't imagine anything better (unless it snows after I get there and I can't leave!)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank captainkYork
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here for a second visit back in October. Would recommend this B&B to anyone hoping to stay in the area. Stayed in two of the bedrooms now and both were lovely and individual with four poster beds. Breakfasts made on the stove are delicious and Anna has provided us with cakes and tea in our room on both occasions. Sent home with homemade scones too which was a lovely touch. The best aspect of the stay is the hosts who are very welcoming and go the extra mile to make your stay special. You should definitely stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tamy244
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I enjoyed a couple of nights here in October for our anniversary. We stayed in a lovely room detached from the main house, breakfast was great and we we're kept on full supply of home made cakes! A couple of decent pubs are a short walk/drive away and several high quality restaurants a little further. Would definitely recommend! Thanks Anna for a lovely stay. Rob and Stu x

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SpicyRob
Driffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Anna is a wonderful host, she made us so welcome. The room was lovely, with plenty of heating, we even had hotwater bottles in our beds!
Breakfast was really good, with very generous portions!
Will be recommending to our friends, look forward to a return visit.

Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ampleforth
The Black Swan Hotel
Kings Head Hotel
Kings Head Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kirkbymoorside
The Talbot Hotel Malton

Been to Carr House Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!