“A wonderful place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ampleforth
Carr House Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Ampleforth B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“A wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here for two days last April, and were blown away by the hospitality we received. Even before we arrived, Anna was very accommodating, and let us rearrange our booking without any issues. When we arrived, we were welcomed with lovely pastries and fresh milk. The room was gorgeous, and the breakfast was fantastic. We were even given a few scones to take home with us at the end of our visit! I definitely want to come back to Ampleforth, and look forward to visiting Carr House Farm again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Celina W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed at Carr house Farm for 3 nights at the beginning of April. Anna is sweet and funny and welcomes you to her home with open arms and a big heart. The room was lovely and the local village pubs full of character, good food and friendliness.

• Stayed April 2014
Lurgan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have now stayed twice and this lovely Farm House B&B. A warm welcome awaits everyone who visits the area , with good food and a good nights sleep.Made to feel like one of the family. Thank you Anna, Colin Gilbert

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Carr House Farm is a wonderful B&B, situated in a fantastic location which allows you to believe you've found a perfect hide-away, while still being a few miles away from two villages. Anna is a wonderful host who welcomes you and cooks a wonderful breakfast!! I would recommend this well kept B&B to everyone!

• Stayed March 2014
Paris, France
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

This is the acme of B&Bs : Anna welcomes you into her house with a warm sense of humor, and makes you feel right at home.
The rooms are comfortable and quirky and the breakfasts are good and plentiful. The scrambled eggs and salmon are fresh and perfectly cooked.
The kids also loved visiting the gun dog puppies. My address of choice in the area.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank AlmostHome5
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 5 February 2014

" My daughter ad myself enjoy very much our last WE in the Carr House Farm.
We have now come a numerous of time (4 th time) and we are delighted by each of our stay and our welcoming in our warm cottage room.
Again our hearths were fulfilled by the privacy, the atmosphere, the different attentions that Anna gave us, those have reach once more our soul. (Birthday present, home made cookies for the 5 O'clock tea, ….;)
These attentions were completed by a very generous sunday breakfast, almost a brunch and a history lecture of the territory of Ampleforth.
We loved also to see Jack teaching his numerous hunting dogs in the North Yorkshire landscape."
"It so seldom that you can find such real scenery and real people as Anna & Jack."
I wish all of you to stay and enjoy the beautifull pure scenery and atmosphere at the Carr House Farm.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
york
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Needing a couple of nights 'me time' away from 'the Captain and little K' post-Christmas I came across Carr House Farm, close enough to home (an hour away if you wiggle around the lanes a lot!) not to be too taxing a drive, but far enough that I felt I was really on holiday. Delightful stone farm house with those amazingly huge flagstones and oodles of North Yorkshire character in every nook & cranny where guests take breakfast in front of a proper big fire (living room) or huge log burner (dining room) the like of which us townies only dream of, while watching the myriad garden birds peck their fill before the cat sneaks up! My room was sheer joy, massive four-poster bed with the thickest mattress, duvet and beautiful old-fashioned eiderdown that made me wish it was colder so I could snuggle up in every available layer and not move 'til spring, and that would have been very easy, believe me! The room I was in is wonderfully spacious and warm, with, apart from the four-poster, a separate sofa/day-bed, comfortable chair and an enormous bathroom. Although furnished with antiques, all mod cons are provided and an ample supply of tea & coffee and a daily home-baked delight waiting for you in your room every afternoon, not just on arrival! I felt very at home, kicking my feet up every evening and lounging in my jammies with a good book in peace, quiet and warmth. Breakfast is delicious (especially the sausages!) and as generous as you could wish for - an excellent set-up for a days exploring. The hosts Anna & Jack are so welcoming, with so many suggestions of places to go and things to see & do, especially relating to Yorkshire Food (a particular passion with Anna, who is an excellent cook). I thought I knew North Yorkshire quite well, but I don't have the native knowledge like they do! It's useful to have a car, but there's a good bus service through nearby Ampleforth which can take you to the bigger nearby towns, I think this may well turn in to my annual get-away, & I can't imagine anything better (unless it snows after I get there and I can't leave!)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank captainkYork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ampleforth
The Black Swan Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kilburn
The Stapylton Arms
The Stapylton Arms
#1 of 1 in Wass

Been to Carr House Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!