“A berth taking experience !”

Hacienda San Jose, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tixkokob
Los Angeles, California
“A berth taking experience !”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

If you want calm and romanticism
This is the place, this hacienda from the 1800 totally restored has a unike look were you are treated like the Patron.
The 100's of local birds will wake you up with a all Cain of sounds is an experience heart to describe

We'll remember this for the rest of our lives

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Ciscocastillo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I went here for part of our honeymoon and it was the perfect choice! The pool is incredible with hammocks to lay in and super comfortable lounge chairs. The rooms are all so different and each offer something different. We had room 8 with the private plunge pool. This room offerred privacy and a good location on the grounds. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. We also used the spa which was also very good and the prices were reasonable. The food portions are small but the food and service was great! Breakfast was the best meal of the day.

We did the margarita class and it was so fun! I would defnitately recommend doing this. It was just the two of us and they will book it for whatever time you want. They did it for us at the private bar near the spa.

Tip: bring bug spray and use the directions on the hotel site and not google.

Room Tip: If you want to be next to pool and restaurant and wtih a private plunge pool choose room 7, 8 or 9...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cami D
Seattle
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My boyfriend and I have traveled extensively, and Hacienda San Jose is now our favorite place we have ever stayed. It is a little difficult to find, but once you get there you won't want to leave the grounds (and we didn't for our 3 day stay). The grounds and buildings have been lovingly restored and are meticulously cared for. The staff are friendly, quiet, and totally committed to making the experience a memorable one. What's also extraordinary about this place is that it is a quiet, subtle luxury - we've stayed at other places that seem to work so hard to achieve a "luxury" level, but here everything seems effortless. The food is incredible. The rooms are exquisite. The pool might be my favorite. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Liza S
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Arriving late at night we were not prepared to experience what we saw in the following morning. A hacienda nestled within beautifully well kept gardens, with an amazing and serene hammock strewn swiming pool. We highly enjoyed our early morning bird watching walk on the grounds with the kind and attentive Dom Jose, the local gardener. We loved this place and we highly recommend it. The only downside was that the food and restaurant service could be made better.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Guilherme R
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The Hacienda experience was amazing. After driving from Playa del Carmen we got there at 2am and we were exhausted, the receptionist greeted us happily and immediately led us to our rooms. Our luggage was taken to our rooms. We woke up a little before mid-day and they were ready to serve breakfast for us!

The pool is incredibly nice, with beautiful hammocks and pool beds. The weather was so nice, and the Hacienda so amazing that on our last day we preferred to stay and read and chill rather than visiting or touring around Merida. The service was great!

Rooms are AMAZING. Big, comfortable, luxurious, and incredible. Even the bathrooms were out of this world! Each room has a sort of jacuzzi outside, we used it every night.

DOWN SIDE: FOOD
Honestly, food wasn't good, at all. Although I am not a fan of Mexican food, what the Hacienda had to offer was terrible. I ate pancakes every morning because eggs weren't good at all.

OVERALL: EXCELLENT
Amazing place, beautiful nature, excellent service, nice weather, luxurious rooms. What else can you ask for? If you can stay there, definitely do so!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Juan Pablo E
roberto o, Director de Operaciones at Hacienda San Jose, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Juan Pablo E,

Greetings from The Hacienda San José!!!l. I would like to acknowledge receipt of your comments and we are indeed grateful for your feedback despite your experience regarding our Restaurant performance.As it through such feedback from frequent travellers such as yourselves that we can fine tune our services.

We would like to apologize about these. Your comments have been shared with the team in detail. It is such detail on service delivery on a consistent basis that we must strive for and for which The Luxury Collection is renowned.

I wish to let you know how we sincerely appreciate your valuable comments regarding our staff, our pool services, room accomodations and overall experience at Hacienda San José.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back here in Yucatan Peninsula and once again we are very grateful for your feedback.

I wish you and your family a very prosperous year!!

Roberto Otálora
Director of Operations.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My husband and I traveled to Hacienda San Jose with our thirteen year old twin girls. We had a wonderfully relaxing, off-the-grid experience for two nights. Had wonderful meals and massages. Stayed in the Mayan huts which were uniquely beautiful. It poured rain one morning, and we lounged in our swinging beds and truly relaxed. Of course, there were large golf umbrella(s) when we decided to venture out. My husband spent an afternoon in the nearby town of Tixkokob while the girls and I drove into Merida to visit friends. It was an easy drive. The directions to/from the hotel were easy enough to follow - although it does feel out in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dck_333
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Yes the place is in the middle of nowhere and I am glad that I didn't even attempt to drive there myself as even my driver got lost but once you are there you simply cannot be not impressed. I don't mind the fact that I am in the middle of nowhere as it gives me the chance to be more in tuned with nature and admire its beauty. And beautiful it was, the property itself with its beautiful colors, high ceilings and beautiful tiled floor so clean that I don't mind walking on it barefooted. The property is amidst old trees, beautiful flowers and I would even say very spiritual. The spa is spectacular and the massages are great. The masseurs do know what they are doing which I can't say the same for lots of resorts. I remembered reading some reviews that mentioned about insects and I was petrified. I am traveling alone so I have to do my own pest control but surprisingly I didn't see any!!!! I was very impressed. Perhaps the management did something about it after all the reviews? The food there is not spectacular i do agree but not bad either. I love the little touches everywhere when they do the turndown service and its efficient. I didn't like the pool much but I don't usually like to swim in pools anyway. The only complaint is that my junior suite was advertised as having a plunge pool when in reality it might qualify as an outdoor tub at best.

Room Tip: I stayed at the junior suite with an 18 foot ceiling that was spectacular.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rubyyao
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tixkokob
Hotel Hacienda Ticum
#7 of 103 in Merida
Hotel Reef Yucatan - All Inclusive & Convention Center
Hacienda Hotel Santo Domingo
The Diplomat Boutique Hotel

Been to Hacienda San Jose, a Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!