Premiere Classe Geneve - Prevessin
  • Pool
Stars Geneve Aeroport(Ferney-Voltaire)
Median Geneve Aeroport(Ferney-Voltaire)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe busnew buildingticket pricestopclasse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The hotel room was very crowded, old fashioned and cheap-looking.
It wasn't pricy as well, but i wouldn't go back there, even for an over-night like we did.
We asked in advance (while booking a week before) for a double room as we are a couple, but not only we didn't get a double bed, the beds were completely seperate so we needed to drag the chest of drawers stucked between them away in order to push the beds together and sleep side by side.
The "bathroom" reminded me of chemical toilets - all made of plastic and claustrophobic.
I know it's funny, but I swear I felt like geting sea-sick while taking a shower there. :) I felt like in a punishment, and I assure you I'm not spoiled at all.

but even when ignoring all of that, the staff was realy unfriendly, although I think the reason for that is that they were mad of us for not speaking french (we speak English fluently but couldn't explain ourselves or get an answer for the most basic-english questions...only got shocked faces instead... LOL).

But in frence you sould anyway take into account that they DO NOT speak or understand English whatsoever...Make sure you have a good map with you :D, you'll be needing it!

Room Tip: There is a free wireless internet although it's not fast at all...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nonoosh
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We were glad we had booked only for one night. We wanted to spend the day in Geneve but didn't want our stay to cost us an arm and a leg. For 52 euros we got to stay in a prefab box located in the middle of a warehouse estate where there's absolutely no where to walk except warehouses... .We were starving and had to settle for a soup from a vending machine. We also got our key from a vending machine (long search to find the machine located outside the parking gates) and our key didn't work. We had to make various phone calls for eventually being able to enter our room, which increased the price of our night. We couldn't sleep because the whole building shakes every time a door is closed and you can hear every whisper. We skept breakfast (served in a cantine) and drove as fast as we could away from this place which shouldn't be called a hotel but a set of boxes assembled like a lego set.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leopin
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We stayed in this hotel on the way to and back from a family holidy in Lazio, Italy. We were not strcitly expecting much for 40 euros a night but this hotel out stripped our expectations. First thing you notice is the location, it is around 4 miles from Geneva centre and that was perfect for us as we were travelling with a car and Geneva traffic wasn't too bad on the days we were there - but I could see that with all the traffic lights and the traffic system on the main road into the centre it could be. The hotl had plenty of secure parking with a coded gate entry and although the rooms didn't have stunning views of the alps, there were in the background.
Secondly the service on reception was very good, we speak good French, but the receptionist's English was good also. Very quick and easy process.
The rooms themselves were small with funny little 'caravan like' shower and toilet cubicles put into them (if you were sharing the room with 3 other adults you would need to be prepared to get quite close!) The beds were a double with a single bunk over the top and a single bed to the side - all very good with a family with 2 children. The beds themselves were very comfortable, great mattressess and fab sleep quality (although you may need to ask for a few extra pillows and extra towels). At night the hotel was quiet and comfortable no complaints from either of my children or my husband.
There are no extras....no tea/coffee making facilities, no hairdryer, no laundry service - but then what do you expect for 40 euros?
The breakfast (which costs 5 euros children do not pay to eat) was average. Cake, Brioche, breads, toast, jam, cereals, yoghurts and tea/coffee/hot chocolate. It was a bit limited but everyone in our family found something to eat and it was buffett style. The breakfast room is small so get there early or be prepared to queue and wait if you breakfast later.
We arrived very late on the second night and the reception was closed but the self service check in machine at the gate entrance makes it easy to find your reservation and check in - very speedy.
One thing to watch - we had a quad room on both nights which were at thr front of the hotel, these rooms had big windows which all opened (and I mean opened to leave a gaping hole in the wall. My husband noted this quickly and raised the receptionist who came and locked it with a special key from the outside - so de beware if you have small children.
Overall I would throroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2010

This hotel chain aims to provide the essentials whilst cutting all other expenses to the bone, for the most part it succeeds but our one night stay was not without issues.

The front desk is only manned in the mornings from 06h30 to 11h00 and in the evenings from 17h00 to 21h00. We arrived outside those hours so had to use the check in computer outside the front gate. This worked OK though the system took about 5 minutes to authorise our credit card, during which time it simply displayed "please wait", so be patient. We had booked two rooms and the computer wanted to authorise the card twice, once for each room, in all it took over 15 minutes to get our room key cards.

You can't open the main gate which until check in is complete. As check in can take a while, don't park in the entrance to the hotel or you may well have to move your car half way through the check in process to allow other guests through. The code to open the gate is printed about half way down the white receipt produced by the check in machine.

Beware - if you didn't book directly with the hotel and plan to arrive out of hours you need to call the hotel during the time when it is staffed to obtain your Premiere class booking reference number. A third party booking number (e.g from booking.com) won't be recognized by the check in computer.

My room was just large enough for the comfy (firm foam mattress) double bed, desk and a fibre-glass "pod" bathroom in one corner. The bathroom is strictly for one person to use at a time but I found it perfectly acceptable with a hot shower and decent water pressure. Floor throughout the room is vinyl rather than carpet, I think this is preferable in a cheap hotel for hygiene reasons.

Breakfast is €4.80 for all you can eat&drink: coffee, tea, milk, orange juice (from concentrate), bread rolls, sliced bread, brioche, yoghurt, cereal (chocolate loops or cornflakes). There was butter, honey and jam (apricot, raspberry & strawberry) to spread on the rolls but no eggs or meat on offer. For the price I was very happy with breakfast.

If you plan to lie in beware breakfast is served until 10am and the only place breakfast times are mentioned is on a sign by the car park entrance (nowhere I could find within the hotel)

There is no restaurant on site but vending machines for coffee and snacks are available. The hotel suggests guests use the restaurant of a sister hotel (The Campanile - 5 minutes drive/ 15 minutes walk away)

Staff were friendly and helpful at all times during the hours that they were present.

On to the problems:

My room smelt quite musty upon arrival (as if it hadn't been used in a while) 15 minutes with the window open seemed to eliminate the problem (or I may have just become used to it). My colleague in another room complained of a faint smell of cigarette smoke even though we had both requested non smoking rooms.

The room has air conditioning though even on the lowest setting I found it to be quite noisy. Opening the window instead was an option, though problematic as I would have needed to leave the curtains drawn for a decent flow of air and hotel exterior is floodlit at night. Luckily it wan't too hot so I left the aircon off and drew the curtain after airing the room. This could be a big problem on hot nights if you sleep lightly.

During the night the night the circuit breaker for all the electric sockets on our floor tripped out. I told the front desk of the problem in the morning. There is only one member of staff at reception who also had to deal with preparing the breakfast (cleaning tables and putting out food etc) as well as people checking in/out, so it took about 45 minutes before the problem was fixed - one of the trade-offs of using a cheap hotel.

To save electricity all lights in public areas of the hotel are controlled by infra red sensors, the sensor had failed in the stairwell making it potentially dangerous at night.

My colleague was dissatisfied with her bathroom, the shower curtain was stained (though it was otherwise clean) and one of the lights was hanging from the ceiling. In my bathroom the wall mounted soap dispenser was also broken though a bottle of soap was provided instead.

The gps coordinates on both booking.com and the hotels own website are wrong (by quite a bit, from the airport they would take you to the wrong place via a route that doesn't even go past the hotel). To top it off the street address given on the hotel website is imprecise so finding the location manually on a map is also hard. The tripadvisor address given above of 350 Route du Nant is correct.

The correct latitude and longitude is : 46.24885, 6.087825

If you don't have a car access to/from the airport and Geneva will be difficult.

All in all I was happy with my stay at the hotel - for the price it was good value and the I got a good nights sleep. I would not want to stay there for more than a couple of nights though.

The management does need to address the problems I list above. Whilst none of the issues caused me a big problem on this vist, failure to maintain the fabric of the hotel (dirty shower curtains, electrical issues, air conditioning needs servicing) can quickly turn "cheap and cheerful" into "run down and dilapidated".

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business