“Superb Half Board Buffet”

Skiathos Princess Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Agia Paraskevi
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just returned from a family holiday at this hotel. All beautifully decorated and peaceful surroundings. The buffet breakfasts and dinners were plentiful and delicious with excellent choices for all the ages and tastes in our very large family party. The beach and pool area are good - safe swimming and lovely views. Excellent nightly live band which was unobtrusive and the whole experience was one of relaxation. Our only comments would be, that we didn't see the hotel Manager once - his Guest Relations Manager Georgia, seemed to handle everything. She is truly lovely and helpful but seems to have no management back up. And the Lobby Bar staff were sweet but very slow - they require much better training and management supervision. They need to remember who guests are and treat guests with a very much more professional attitude.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CatherineRS

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay here, the rooms have all been refurbished and were spotless. They were cleaned thoroughly every day. Our room had a great view and was a partial sea view. It was a little noisy as backed onto the road but not a major problem. The only downside to the room was that the shower was on the side of the bath and the bath was very narrow so when the shower screen was there it was quite difficult to shower due to lack of space, not sure if all rooms are like this but it could be a problem for a larger guest!

Breakfast was in a lovely setting and was ok but not great. There is no fresh fruit it is all tinned and no fresh eggs. The eggs are pre cooked and left under a hot lamp so I didn't manage to have a soft egg all week! There is an omelette station so not sure why they any offer fresh eggs there too? They cook pancakes to order too which is nice but didn't seem to be used that much. Pastries weren't great either but it was ok and staff were great.

The pool area was lovely and peaceful and the loungers are wonderful, the saga guests seem to think it's ok to reserve loungers very early and then only use the best loungers for a few hours each day, something I think the hotel should manage as it's not a huge pool area.

Plenty of beds on the beach but at weekends a lot of non hotel guests seem to use them and again this didn't seem to be managed so we struggled to find somewhere to sit but it's a great setting and the restaurant overlooking the beach is great for lunch snacks.

This is a great hotel with some lovely restaurants within walking distance and the great bus service into Skiathos Town for the evenings as the hotel doesn't have much atmosphere at night.

The staff are very good and friendly with only one exception in the beach restaurant but guess you can't have everything!

Overall a great place to stay for a relaxing holiday on a wonderful island!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Traveller0406
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I am currently spending the holiday in this hotel with my wife and our 3 yrs old girl. In order not to be subjective when writting this review from home, I think that things need to be presented "live":
- hotel - book in the premier building (more expensive) to stay in a 4-5 stars room; otherwise rooms are a 3 stars( I know this from last year visit);
- they tend to abuse of the water for the yard and at nights be prepared to fight with mosqitos( the supermarket makes great profits from anti moskitos sprays);
- do not expect reception to care about you; one thing happened today due to heavy winds- the umbrella from our balcony felt on me; the security thing to which it was fixed it was destroyed; went to the reception to present this and ask for somebody to change it; they did not ask anything in respect of injuries or if all was ok; the guy said it would send somebody right away to fix this. 4 hrs have passed, nothing happened.
- food and restaurant- thanks to Dora we feel very well treated; otherwise, food is worse than last year and they have this stupid policy at dinner -"casual"- which means guys are not allowed in shorts!!!! At 30 degrees and in a "bar" style restaurant you cannot ask people paying money to you to relax in their holiday, to wear long pants! I am not complying to this stupid rule!
- location, beach and pool are great!

Next year I will go somewhere else as the overall experience is not worthing paying the high prices the hotel demands.

Choose wisely!

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank diud
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed a the princess hotel a year ago and i felt that i did not even have to leave the hotel to enjoy the stay (however do go to the town its amazing) .The hotel is always clean food is the best thing ever with even restaurants (i tried all and they all was amazing and different types of foods and all child friendly) in the hotel also the hotel has its very own private beach with a little hut to buy all water fun needs near that is a water sports are from paragliding (i did with my son) to much much more. finally the staff are so kind so i ended up leaving my phone charger at home and i asked my staff what can i do so they lent it us until the end of the trip!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ethan b
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Have just come back from a fortnight's stay at this hotel and I could not fault it. I stayed with my husband and 2 year old on a bed and breakfast basis in a junior suit which was perfect. They put a single bed in for her and we brought our own bed guard. Unfortunately she was ill for the first 4 days with a bug which was nothing to do with the hotel! But it meant that we were stuck in our room for that time. Thank goodness for the room service, they were brilliant both for us and her. We had to ask for plain toast and pasta for her stomach but nothing was too much trouble and wouldn’t charge us for it because she was ill.
The place is spotless with as many towels and robes as you want. Although the maids do not speak much English they are very friendly,always say hello and made a huge fuss of my daughter.

We ate at the beach taverna one night and had a steak that was as good as the best we have had in the UK.

The breakfast selection is amazing, with everything kept topped up right until breakfast is finished.

The location is perfect with a few tavernas just a few minutes walk if you don't want to eat in the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank jandi_10
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Not long Back from a two week Solo Stay at this Hotel, I was allocated room 358 (Superb) A little miffed at first but soon realised it was a top room, this place is so clean the cleaner was in my room every day for aprox 90 mins and trust me I have not trashed the place, towels twice a day , the staff are all very helpful and friendly and they all seem to speak good English , I was on B&B the food was of a very high standard Yum Yum,I did eat in the hotel on three nights (Superb) and also at jimmy's just a short walk from hotel but I did like to get down town, 20.00 standing room only,I love Skiathos Town, there is some grim (Saxonised) Restaurants And one or two trendy Cocktail Bars, I also loved the pool area lots of space on very comfy sun loungers and I could always find one even at1500hrs, O I nearly forgot one prob and this is why I only give it a 4 the bed was very hard but apparently if you whinge they will supply a topper, I found out on my last day,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Gromit071
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed in good hotels all over the world. Cannot praise Skiathos Princess enough. We found all the staff outstanding including the cleaners. Food and service excellent. Grounds well maintained. Reception very helpful. We needed a doctor for my husband. The doctor came within an hour! He then prescribed medication which he went away and bought back to hotel, saying he wanted us to enjoy our holiday. Made our NHS look poor(2 weeks for non urgent appointment). We have never been to the same place twice on holiday but definitely will be going back for a relaxing week next year.

Room Tip: Garden view perfectly acceptable.