“Close to Kilkenny”

Aard Oakleigh
Columbiana, Ohio
“Close to Kilkenny”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay outside if Dublin, but not our first b&b experience.
June was reserved upon check in, but so were we as we were unsure of Irish customs. She offered cold water for our room upon arrival, showed us to our room & presented us with a detailed book of information about the b & b/near by attractions in Kilkenny...excellent town to wander around for a day!
Room was immaculate. Chilly in the fall, but electric blanket warmed things up quickly. Hot water shower was great. Woke to beautiful countryside view. Breakfast was filling: eggs/bacon/fruit salad/soda bread/scones & phenomenal rhubarb ginger jam! Absolutely loved Kilkenny & this was a great place to set up "base camp" although the road can be narrow @ times.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina Y

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My mother and I stayed with June on Oct 5. This home is beautiful, with well kept grounds and a very warm feel. June went out of her way to wish my mom a happy 60th birthday. Thank you so much june! I would recommend this home to anyone. Nice easy first data drive from Dublin as well!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank nmh1116
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was a great B&B. June was great and general had no complaints. It is somewhat secluded, which we enjoyed. Just to note, if you use a credit card, there is an extra 3 euro charge. I do not have a problem with this, just wish I would've known beforehand so I could've brought a sufficient amount of cash.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gogators77
Eire
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Lovely host, lovely room and lovely food. There was a great choice for breakfast, including fresh fruit salad and home-made granola. The room was very comfortable, clean and private with a lovely view over the surrounding fields. Thank you June.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BonnieCharlie
Iowa
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night in June 2013. The house is beautiful and spotless, and our room had two beds- a double and a twin. We especially enjoyed the balcony and little table on the second floor. We had great weather so it was nice to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air with a view of the lovely garden. We had the full Irish breakfast in the morning and June had the best scones....in the galaxy. I did have to wake my husband in the morning because I couldn't figure out how to use the shower, lol. Once we got it going everything was great. Aside from needing an engineering degree for the plumbing, it was a terrific stay. Thanks June!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank july_hymn
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My wife and I picked Aard Oakleigh for our first night outside of Dublin. It was also our first B&B visit so we were a little nervous arriving. We booked through bandbireland and used our CIE tour voucher without a hitch. Our room was very comfortable, clean, quiet, and well furnished. It was on the second floor overlooking the small garden and the fields and cows in the distance. The room's information book had details on local attractions and restaurants.

The host was reserved when we arrived but opened up a bit during breakfast, which was quite tasty. We had the traditional irish breakfast and a good conversation with another visitor from Northern Ireland.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ufcarter
Boise
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband, daughter, son-in-law and I had two lovely rooms - well equiped and comfortable. The house and yard are beautiful and immaculate. June presented us with amazing breakfasts including the best scones I have ever eaten. Her home made jams and stewed rhubarb were sooo yummy! Aard Oakleigh is just a short drive to Kilkenny and is so peaceful and quiet after a hectic day of sightseeing.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travelinj0y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bennettsbridge
Newpark Hotel
#1 of 2 in Thomastown
Hotel Kilkenny
Hotel Kilkenny
#5 of 19 in Kilkenny

Been to Aard Oakleigh? Share your experiences!