This was our 2nd stay at Tudor House within 3 months. Our first stay was for just 1 night - this time for two. Bob and Sheila are great, friendly hosts. The house is charming (it is a converted railway station alongside the Settle-Carlisle railway line). Full of railway and movie nostalgia and is a fun, relaxed and very different place to stay that is full of character.
Sheila was on the front doorstep as we pulled up ready to greet us which is a lovely, personal touch. Our bags were taken up to our room which has been recently been refurbished to a very high standard. We particularly liked the little touches such as soft monogrammed wool dressing gowns hanging on the bathroom doors. The bathroom is luxurious with a walk in drench shower. We ate one of Bob's fine evening meals which was excellent - all locally sourced food. Another lovely touch was a complimentary bottle of Presecco as it was my other half's birthday which was a surprise gift........ Al ittle note for first time guests - if you would like to eat at Tudor House, you do need to give Bob 24 hours notice so that he can buy in the food for your meal chosen from their set menu......There are however great pubs to eat nearby - particularly the Lister Arms in Malham which we have eaten at and can highly recommend......
For those who (like me) are not railway buffs, train noise at night is barely noticeable (freight trains are quite frequent Mon-Sat) but it is a converted railway station and is very much part of the charm of staying at Tudor House.
Our 2nd visit was every bit as enjoyable and comfortable as the first and it certainly won't be our last!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful 19th-century converted railway station on the Skipton-Settle-Carlisle line with bags of character and a warm welcome guaranteed. 2 deluxe doubles, 2 doubles and our wonderful "Orient Express" Sleeper Compartment twin room means we have something for everybody. Bob & Sheila look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Tudor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tudor House Hotel Bell Busk
- Tudor House Bell Busk, Skipton