“Great stay and Great Staff”

Prairie Moon Inn & Suites
Prairie Moon Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Unity
ontario
“Great stay and Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were in Unity to attend my nephew's wedding . You don't have much choice where to stay while there but I have to say this inn was so nice. Rooms were clean and beds were very nice. But most of all is the staff that work there. Sheila was so nice and helpful , wish I remembered the other women's name and her husband but I don't . They were great as well. Someone even drove us to get out car the next morning after the wedding ,think it was a new girl that was there for training. There was no cab for us to take. The breakfast was a good idea for people as well but it is a buffet and does sit for a long time, but I liked it because I just went down early and had my coffee and something to eat. If you are there for awhile would of been nice for something to do for the kids at the hotel,but it is a small town .Thank you to all the staff at Prairie Moon Inn.

Room Tip: we had a suite with a kitchen which works out great with children.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeanniechief

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to Alberta. Hotel was very clean and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was more than adequate for us. Sure eggs and bacon weren't real fresh but it wasn't very busy and it was free. Everything else was great.
Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DWBSask
Olds, alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here 3 times this year, and being from Unity I know what the other hotels are like. I have been VERY DISAPPOINTED this year.
1-all 3 times my room has NOT been made up during the day. So when we return there is not fresh towels, bed isn't made up etc....and for $150 a night these services should be done without having to go to the front desk.
2-I feel that getting charged extra for a small pet is discrimination. Do people get charged extra for children?? If looked after they should be considered in the same way.
3-Room is COLD and it's +4 out. Doesn't seem to heat up in our room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jamie H
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel with friendly front desk staff. This is the best place to stay in Unity. Nothing extra special about the room but very clean and comfortable. Fresh coffee at the front desk is a nice touch because coffee made in the little coffee makers in the rooms are usually your last resort for a coffee fix. Adding cookies at the front desk would be nice to go with the front desk coffee pot.
Breakfast selection is average and limited but if you are just looking for a light breakfast , it works

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed here last summer and I was very surprised with how nice this hotel is. I was expecting a small town hotel room and this is comparable to the larger chains. The room was very large and clean. If you are in the area give this place a chance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank hazmatt665
Martensville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed for a week for work. Managed to book the last room available. It was a kitchenette room which was perfect for me.

Room had 2 queen beds that were not the highest of quality but comfortable. The pillows however are way too hard and I will mention this to management before I leave as I'm still here as I write this review.

Even though it has been less than 9 degrees Celsius outside all week, I have had the AC on in the room to get the temp down to a reasonable 70 degrees. And yes I leave it on all day so room is comfortable when I get back after a long days work.

They have a hot continental breakfast here that starts at 5:00 AM which is great for most of the working patrons that seem to patronize this hotel. However during my visit there were some shortages such as juice in the Juice Machine, and the sausages and scrambled eggs were luke warm at 6:00 AM when the breakfast started at 5:00 AM even though the items were on hot plates.

Rooms are large, very clean, quiet, and comfortable.

Staff are very friendly and helpful.

If I'm ever in Unity again, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are at the higher end. at 129 I got the room I expected. but for another 21 bucks I would have...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank wannaberight
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here for work in early October. The hotel is quite new. The rooms are nice, the hotel is clean, and the internet is fast. I'd gladly stay again if I came back to the area for work. There is a fridge in each room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank snowy013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Unity
Wilkie Country Inn
Wilkie Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wilkie
Prairie Moon Inn & Suites hotel
No photo provided
Armada Inn
#2 of 2 in Unity

Been to Prairie Moon Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!