“Fabulous”

Ranked #2 of 2 Bannockburn B&B and Inns
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Arrived here with my husband and 9 year old daughter late afternoon,after a day of trampling around the sights of Stirling..knackered,to find a lovely clean warm,welcoming room in perfect peaceful surroundings.A double bed and a camp bed(which was a bit uncomfortable,but,the room was so warm we just doubled the duvet and my daughter lay on that)tea/coffee facilities and a private shower/toilet...was a self-contained little unit that was very impressive.Was in a great location for visiting Stirling by car,and was in the heart of Bannockburn.Although there was no cooking facilities,there is a Premier in 2 minutes walk where we had a fantastic all you can eat brekkie and the kids eat free.Would absolutely recommend staying here.It was fabulous!!!

Room Tip: We had unit 1,,,excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Booked via Booking.com at a cheaper rate which was a bonus to start with. On arrival there was ample parking space and the owner was friendly, knowing who I was on arrival. Got shown to the room to find it was a twin rather than a double as requested but the owner offered to change this when i went out for tea which was great. Rooms feel they have recently been renovated and are comfy and modern. Only downfalls were the zip-link bed which isn't anywhere near as comfy as a standard double. Also the shower wasn't very powerful and took a while to drain. Bathroom was large with plenty of towels. Lot's of storage space and also a useful luggage stand. Wall mounted TV and IPod docking station was a bonus. Bedroom compendium was very useful. Overall a very pleasant stay and with a few little improvements it would be an 'excellent' rating

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

Booked through laterooms.com for an overnight stay. The accomodation itself was easy to find and first impressions were very positive. The owner was very friendly and approachable for any queries. The room was very clean and homely - ideal size and facilities. Being a Stirling local in the past found the tourist information provided ideally suited for any newcomers to the area - covered all the sights and places to visit that I would recommend to friends. Slightly different from a 'hotel experience' although my partner and myself actually preferred it on certain points. Overall, a great experience, very relaxing and would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Had booked a room for two nights well in advance for a stop over on are way up to skye and on are way back. After traveling 300 miles in are car, we turn up at the B&B to be told we had not booked a room, after pointing out to the owner with the help of my phone recent contact, that I had only spoken to him a couple of days before coming up. To double check everything was ok with the booking. He said he must have made a mistake and he then gave us a address of another B&B. He rang him up and he just happened to have a room ready. So off we went and stayed the night as we where far to tied to be looking for a B&B so late on in the day. Now mistakes can be made, but it looked to me that the owner got the chance to book his room for the full weekend and took it, if this was so; then he should have rang me and I would have made other arrangments and not have helped out his friend. I can not coment on the owners rooms but I would recommend getting your booking in wrighting before setting off. If you feel having the booking in wrighting would still stop a MISTAKE like this from happening to you.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Bannockburn hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The price is right, it's easy to fine, and the gardens are charming.

The owner is a bit shifty. We arrived with no one home. So I called and left a message on the cell phone and walked across the street for a beer. We waited an hour and didn't hear back, walked back to the house, ready to leave and found a note on the door that gave the room number and that the key was in the door.

The bed is extremely lumpy, there are springs showing in the mattress cover. I got a medium hot shower, very quick, and my husband got no shower at all.

When leaving, we finally found the owner who said that he had some king of emergency and that he left a note on the door for us, but it must have blown off. (gee, the second note didn't blow off, and why not use a cell phone?) We told him about the shower and he gave us a look of shock, stating that he was not aware of any shower problems at all. the guy is a flake, don't trust him.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clairevito
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Had booked a room with a dog. On arrival at 6pm found a letter of the manger: he would be back at 8pm - key at the room. It was a cold day - room was cold as well. Went for a walk - at 8 no one was to be found. We then discovered that there was NO ELECTRICITY for our room except for some lamps. That meant: no heating, no internet, no tv, no hot shower, no socket to make tea. We called and sent text to landline and mobile (would be available 'any time' the letter had stated) to ask for help - reached answering machine and no reaction. Around 10.30 or 11pm another guest helped us to find the fuse box and after loosening some screws(!!!!) switched on fuses. In the middle of the night at 0.40am a text from the manager arrived on my mobile: 'is it ok now?' I found that annoying. In the morning one was required to send a text so that the manager could arrive before departure. I did. He was there at once offering a hand shake ... which I was rather slow to accept. So I was told this was considered 'rude' in Scotland. When starting to talk bout OUR problems I was told the heating was on now and that I pointed with my finger which was again called 'rude'. Without us having asked, the manager told us that we would not have to pay but he considered our second booking booking as cancelled - that was that. Another text arrived in the evening which said 'so sorry about last night ...' but they would have a very good record. Well - we had an experience I wish not to repeat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rita-fb
Reviewed 17 April 2012 via mobile

Had to visit Stirling on business and found Hillhead farm lets through late bookings.com. Very impressed with the quality and standard of the rooms. Will definetly use again if I need to come back to the area on business.

Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bannockburn
Holiday Inn Express Stirling
#1 of 2 in Bannockburn
The Woodside Hotel
The Woodside Hotel
#3 of 7 in Doune

Been to Hillhead Farm Lets? Share your experiences!