“Dinner for 2”

The Coachman Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilsyth
“Dinner for 2”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my mum had just got back from shopping in Stirling on Sunday. So decided to give the this place another try as hadn't been in for years.

It was lovely. Even though it was really busy staff sat us pretty quickly in a lovely booth up back. Staff were friendly and polite.

Food was lovely too. I had onion rings for starter. Mum had soup. Then we both had the mac and cheese. And some ice cream to follow. It's was very nice and lots on the plate. So 3 courses each and 2 drinks came to just over £30. Which I would say is good value.

Will be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Curly13_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel provides the finest food of any restuarant within a ten mile radius.
We have dined her many times and the staf are terrific, so very attentive.
The food is by far the best in this area and we have dined in many around here.
They have a great menu to suit all tastesand priced very reasonable.
They have a desert that I love , creamed rice and poached sultanas mmmmm.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jimbo334
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Three of us had dinner and I have to say it was superb. All main courses were great. I had lamb with ratatouille and requested a baked potato instead of mashed potato and this was agreed to without hesitation. My lamb was moist and succulent. And all this on a very busy Wednesday night. Service was excellent too. There was a bit of a wait till our meal came but we were kept informed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I came here for our 1st Anniversary!! The first night I didn't sleep too great due to a party but not complaining!! The place is very busy and the atmosphere is great!! The food was good until the last night when I had the Salmon special and I loved it!! Totally made my weekend! Had a great weekend here and would recommend the restaurant! Food is great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tain, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed on a Saturday and initially everything seemed reasonable - the room was spacious, not spotlessly clean (though if you are fanatic about beds, no protectors!!) and bathroom ok though no mirror.
It was when we returned after a family function that we found that the bar directly below the room has karaoke until midnight! So if you are looking to sleep before one am I wouldn't bother! Although it does finish at midnight, there is the obvious noise from revellers as they are leaving and then the cleaning up process.
As it was only one night and luckily we had had a the benefit of a few wines to help us sleep, it was just about bearable - but I certainly wouldn't book again!
The cooked breakfast was good, cooked to order so nice and hot - but the croissants tasted a bit stale and the milk for the cereal tasted off.
In the end we booked cheap and these days you get what you pay for - and I understand hotels are having a tough time and therefore need to generate money, but it would have been fairer for the hotel to mention that there would be noise in the evening.

Room Tip: Rooms are all on one level but ask for one furthest from the bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine P
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Room was clean and all facilities worked with no issues at all, bed and bedding was very comfortable.

Evening meal and breakfast the next day were hearty and delicious and staff genuinely friendly and seemed happy to serve us without being over the top and in our faces.

Excellent value for money and many thanks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Booking a group of mates in as our first stop on a bike tour of Scotland, I thought I was in trouble. We stood in the car park, overlooked by rundown social housing & I thought the lads were going to lynch me. It does look like a pretty dodgy place...

They perked up once we were inside. Rooms are basic but clean - perfectly functional.

The big plus is the bar/restaurant area. Bright, clean, busy, good atmosphere. Excellent food, too - and reasonably priced. Not at all what you'd have expected from the outside.

There were a few grumbles in the morning from the light sleepers, as there was a disco in the function room with loud music - and chatty patrons at the past-midnight kicking-out time. But a good fried breakfast with excellent coffee made up for it.

And the bikes in the car park? Absolutely fine.

So despite the appearance from the outside, this was a great overnight stop. And excellent value too

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TallSimonWeir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilsyth
Castlecary House Hotel
Kincaid House Hotel
Kincaid House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milton of Campsie
Best Western Garfield House Hotel

Been to The Coachman Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!