All reviews chip shop swimming pool co op evening entertainment soft play gas fire touring area haven site day ticket touring site fantastic holiday family holiday great park bed caravan central heating lovely caravan entertainment staff
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely site. Much smaller than Haggerston which suited us perfectly. Easy to get around. Half an hour from Edinburgh and a stone's throw from a few other castles and a children's adventure day out.

Restaurant - food good and plentiful. Breakfast tasty. Enjoyed the pate and salad but attitude of one member of staff left much to be desired. I had asked for Caesar dressing instead of blue cheese due to having an allergy to blue cheese. Unfortunately it was blue cheese and when I explained to the server I was told with attitude that it was Caesar dressing! I explained again it was not. She then said blue cheese had been put through it! The same server had also been working in the on site chip shop by herself and was incredibly flustered which to be fair was understandable but the attitude in the restaurant was unacceptable and spoilt an otherwise lovely meal.

Chip shop - 10 minute wait for fish and chips was in fact nearer half an hour. Wasn't anything special and given the price I'd try one of the chippies up the road in the village.

Showbar - prices for beer etc ok. Large Pinot noir £8 though so a bit pricey for the wine! Plenty of choice. Plenty of room and easily accessible. Entertainment was great for both grown ups and kids and - varied with shows, bands, bingo, competitions etc.

Archery - great tutor and great fun! Definitely worthwhile!

Football Academy - my six year old loved this! Joe was an amazing coach and my son loved being nick named Messi! He was attentive and encouraging to the point my son cried when it was time to go home realising he wouldn't be able to go again!

Pool - staff again were brilliant with the kids at the pool party, turbo paddlers and aqua gliders. They were both Encouraging and engaging. My son had one swimming lesson never having had one previously as he was too scared. This was part of the deal for attending the pool party! By the end of the one session his confidence had soared such that we wanted to book him on another session but sadly there were no more in our three remaining days. However I have booked him into a course back home due to him enjoying this so much. My thanks to the team for what you've done to boost my son's confidence in the water!

Caravan - disappointed. We booked a three berth platinum and was allocated plot 3 musselbrough court. It wasn't the same standard platinum we've had previously at two other haven resorts in terms of size, furniture, kitchen, bedrooms and upon looking on here, there are private rentals for a similar or lesser price which are much better furnished and larger.

Shop - great for just about everything. Elevated prices as expected but great and handy. There's a coop down the road though if you have time.

Overall - great resort and will def come again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Seton S, Guest Relations Manager at Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thanks for leaving us a review.

Firstly I would like to apologise about the service you received in the restaurant.

I was so pleased to read how much your little one enjoyed the activities and how much his confidence improved while in the swimming pool. This is exactly the type of feedback we love hearing from our guests. I will be sure to share it with our activities team.

I am sorry that you were not impressed with your platinum caravan. We do have lots of different makes and models of caravans so the layouts in different models will be different however the listed features and size will always be the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. If there is anything we can do to help with your next visit please let us know.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Used this site as a weekend base and to be honest we wished we had booked for a week.
Paid for most expensive caravan and was told we were upgraded but I think they just tell everyone this, it was exactly what we paid for, could have been cleaned better, found a pair of pants under beds and food still in cupboards but with a quick clean with antibacterial wipes it was good to go!
Loads to do on site and nice and small so kids didn’t get tired walking around. Beautiful beach, would return.

3  Thank Shaz082

Hi Shaz082

Thanks so much for leaving us a 5* review.

I am also sorry to hear that you experienced a few cleanliness issues with your holiday home. I wish you would have let us know of this whilst you were here and we would have sent one of our accommodation team straight round to get any issues rectified.

I was pleased to read that despite the cleanliness issues you still managed to enjoy your Holiday with us and that the kids found lots to keep them busy :)

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is our second stay in Seton Sands. Again we stayed for the school October week and had a lovely time. Caravan was great ,check in for us was a bit disorganised as they couldn’t find an envelope with our name on it however after 5 minutes we were given a set of keys for a lovely caravan, right next door to our caravan last year! The upgrade to the swimming area is fantastic. Again the only downside for us was the restaurant area. Nothing had changed from last year. Still was untidy with tables laden with plates lying for ages, it took staff ages to clear any tables that had been vacated and even at that we rarely saw them getting wiped. Staff were pleasant enough but there didn’t seem to be anyone ‘in charge’ in that area. Due to these factors we didn’t eat in the restaurant preferring to go further afield and we only sat for an hour at night allowing our teenagers to use the Internet.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Seton S, Guest Relations Manager at Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Hi Peridot31

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Great to hear you and your family had a nice time and like you we think our new pool facilities are fantastic as well. I am sorry that your check-in was slightly delayed but I am glad to hear that you were happy with your accommodation.

Your comments about our restaurant have been passed to the Complex Manger to help with future training.

If we can be of any help in the future please do not hesitate to call.

Holiday Experience Team

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Stayed at Seton Sands in August 2016. The campsite is situated across the road from a beautiful beach, enjoyed a couple of morning walks there. We stayed in a prestige three bedroom static caravan, that was cleaned to a high standard and was very modern, with central heating, and well equipped.
The static park is large but also in areas so you can easily find your way around. The campsite is good for families, there is a children’s play area and swimming pool. There is a fish & chip shop onsite and also supermarkets a short drive away.
Had a great holiday here, Seton Sands was a perfect base to explore Edinburgh and the surrounding area. We visited some great places including The Royal Yacht Britannia, Edinburgh and the Military Tattoo.

Room Tip: Our caravan was off to the right of the park, lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Family4Manchester17

Hi Family4Mancherster17

Thanks for leaving a 5* review.

It was lovely to see such positive comments. Great to hear you had a good time here at Seton Sands and that you found lots to keep you busy.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Holiday Experience Team

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We stayed for two nights as was advertised online for amazing price of only £49,yes folks you read it correctly £49 !!! In a 3 bedroom van with double glazing..really nice and clean....site is designed for you to spend,spend spend as all Caravan sites are.Meals are a bit pricey (£8-16) and the Shiraz Australian wine at £14.95 was crap....overall though enjoyed the break and was nice of lady on Reception to ask every person handing keys in if they enjoyed the holiday.Will be back next year.....

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Seton S, Guest Relations Manager at Seton Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hi Alex G

Thanks for leaving us a review

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s great that you got such a good deal for your two night stay.

I hope we can welcome you back soon. If there is anything we can do to help with your next visit please let us know.