“Friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helensville
Grand Hotel Helensville
Ranked #1 of 3 Helensville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Bit dated , but service & welcome was fantastic. The atmosphere makes you imagine how it may have been in its heyday , the grand staircase on entry lets you know you are in a real old fashion hotel. Courtesy van at our disposal was an added bonus. Breakfast was great value, as were the room rates. Outside courtyard is a great place for drinks in the summer.We will be back !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank OPO13OPO
There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Helensville

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Grand hotel is one of New Zealands oldest hotels and it is a very old but a very beautiful building. I had to come to Helensville for some business from Rotorua and arrive very late. I was instantly asked if I had eaten and that I was welcome to order something if I wanted it I declined as I had already eaten. Bonnie was great! She invited me down to have a drink at the bar with a few of the locals which I accepted. Not only was Bonnie great but it wasn’t long before I was chatting to a few locals and a couple of truck drivers as well. It was as if all of the community was running the bar and they were all so friendly. Probably how it was before before the internet and before life got all to busy.
I had a cheap room $65.00. It was clean and comfortable. There was a shared toilet and shower area which was clean as well. This is also how it probably was years ago with most these accommodation providers be everything went all self contained . I enjoyed taken back in time.
Helensville is a beautiful part of New Zealand and certainly encourage Tourists to check this part of NZ out. The coast and harbour is lovely. Off course a night at the Grand hotel is great for the budget with some neat local chit chat!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Mike and Annema... G
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The time in the hotel was lovely. Comfy room. Very very tasty restaurant. We paid 70 nz$ for twin room with 6 beds. We would love to come again. Highly Recomended. Great value for money. It is not easy to find places loke this today.

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank yuvalro48
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed one night in the large and high blue room with old sofa and fireplace, 16m2 and separate communal male and female bathrooms down the corridor. We had an inside courtyard room, so no traffic sounds. No bedside lamps or bathrobes provided, but good bed. Since September 2012 new management and new decoration of the downstairs dining area. On the bedroom floor a spacious sitting area on the sunny street side which was used at night for the permanently houses workers for watching TV. Although the manager had asked them to be quiet at 6:00 am when they go to their work, a lot of crockery and pan rattles came from the next door kitchenette because the hatch was not at all sound insulated. After this, we also made our tea and breakfast here, because the restaurant downstairs was closed. Private parking on own terrain. Good cost-service ratio also for the restaurant.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a courtyard room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank huys25
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Lovely clean rooms. We slept in, our bed was nice and comfortable. Loved the pork and vegetables we had for dinner. And bacon and eggs in the morning League on the bigscreen and a fantastic fire burning to keep us toasty warm10/10 guys thank you we will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank Recyclers
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night. The room prices were very affordable.The rooms were very clean and the bed so comfortable that I skipped my morning run so I could lay in! There is a beer garden that catches the afternoon sun that we made use of too. The food in the restaurant was very good, we tried the creamy mushrooms and pizza. The staff were very friendly and we would come back here to stay

• Stayed: April 2013
7  Thank platypus2006
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We were passing through Helensville and saw the lovely building and just had to go in for a look. Rooms were cheap enough so we decided to stay a night. Good value for money rooms were big comfy and clean, staff was friendly. Had a few games of pool downstairs and a couple of beers in the bar and a few laughs with the locals Liked the large courtyard outside that had a nice outside fire burning. Free WiFi . But what really made me think this place was awesome was the yummy food! Best seafood chowder I have ever tasted home-made garlic bread too! mmmmm... gettin hungry thinkin about it now. Thanks guys One day we will be back to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank sam e
Also consider these accommodations in or near Helensville
Vineyard Cottages
#3 of 3 in Helensville
Orewa Beachcomber
Orewa Beachcomber
#1 of 8 in Orewa

Been to Grand Hotel Helensville? Share your experiences!