All reviewsduckhot tubthought of everythingthe ownersky tvcroissantshigh standardunderfloor heatingthe main housemini barhonesty barsouth downscontinental breakfasthamfree wifinothing too much troublelittle gem
Reviewed 2 April 2017

After a long 20 miles on the South Downs Way, it was wonderful to arrive at Duck Lodge, which is situated right on the Way, in the secluded back garden of the owner, Keith. The Lodge is cozy and well-appointed, with an adjacent pantry from which one can fetch breakfast at a time of one's choosing. There is also a good pub restaurant nearby, making this an excellent option for those wanting to get to know the area better.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
keithagough, Owner at Duck Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay in Duck Lodge. I was so sorry to hear you coudn't walk your next leg of the SDW from Pyecombe to Alfriston with your wife due to your arduas 23 mile journey that day. I hope giving you a lift to Alfriston to meet your wife was helpfull, and you managed to walk to Eastbourne the following day. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

It took me a while to find somewhere outside Brighton which had a sense of luxury to it and this is just the place. Even more important, Keith welcomes you so warmly and is such a helpful and kind host. He's thought of everything. Breakfast is included in your night away PLUS use of the incredible jacuzzi - blissful after walking in the Downs. Loved it!

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Duck Lodge for one night on my way to an interview. The warm welcome from Keith on my arrival (after a long journey) was fantastic. The room was perfect, and included a very comfortable bed, freshly baked croissants for breakfast and brilliant facilities. With a hot tub available for guests to use as well, I will definitely be making a return visit on my next trip to Brighton.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

We loved our stay at duck lodge on our recent 3 day break in Brighton and the South Downs.
The exclusive log cabin lodge is immaculately presented and furnished to a very high modern standard, With the latest sky Q, Bose sound system and modern furnishings. Keith is a lovely host and very helpful. The use of the hot tub in the garden is a lovely plus point with great views over the South Downs. A great stay and we will definitely be back soon!

1  Thank Lee B
Reviewed 5 March 2017

After a lovely day of wet and windy walking, we were so pleased to see Duck Lodge. It was so warm and comfortable with everything we needed for a relaxing overnight stay. We enjoyed having our own space, but greatly appreciated the welcome we received from Keith who was the perfect host (and even drove us to the fantastic Bull Pub in Ditchling).

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple